Actalent is seeking a qualified Medical Assistant for a role in North Portland!
Medical Assistant participates in delivering quality & customer focused care to patients in a manner that reflects company’s mission, vision & values. Clinical duties involve both direct (in person) & indirect (via phone or on-line) patient care activities requiring both simple to complex clinical knowledge & skills. As appropriate to the position’s scope of authorized duties, the MA is expected to have competent observational, clinical, critical thinking, communication, problem-solving & decision-making skills in order to meet patient needs & contribute to a positive care experience & work environment. Works under the clinical supervision of the clinician for patient care activities, & under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor.
• Provide patient care competently, consistently, accurately & according to established regional/departmental clinical protocols, policies & procedures & standards
• Prepares & organizes patient’s office visit for known reason/procedure by ensuring that all appropriate tests, clinical information (e.g. diagnostic test results, consultation reports, outside records, etc.) & order entries are ready for clinician review prior to appointment time
• Collects pertinent subjective (e.g. signs & symptoms, allergies, current medication, tobacco use, etc.) & objective (e.g. vital signs, height, weight, etc.) data related to patient’s reason for visit (i.e. chief complaint, presenting symptoms or procedure)
• Utilizes standardized tools (e.g. PST, health maintenance alerts) to identify & address health maintenance/care gaps with patient & alerts clinician on those that require his/her attention
• Recognizes signs & symptoms of common medical illnesses, abnormal versus new/existing & reports to clinician
• Assures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms & educational materials are available & ready for use during visit/procedure
• Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed by clinician
• Use HealthConnect & other information systems to document all pertinent data & outcomes of patient care according to standardized procedures & policies such as & not limited to the use of SBAR, HealthConnect smarttools, etc
• Updates demographic or historical clinical data gathered in the electronic medical record
• Performs diagnostic tests, which include: urine dips, spirometry/peak flow, bladder scan, finger sticks for glucose, & blood draws
Monday – Friday, 7am- 5:30pm
Day Surgery- Pre/Post Op
phlebotomy, rma, emr, bls, cma, epic, medical, health care, cpr, insurance verification, pediatric, internal medicine, family medicine, medical record, medical assisting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-2+ years of Medical Assisting experience
• National Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA, NCCT, RMA, etc.)
• Basic Life Support certification (BLS) within thirty (30) days of hire
• Excellent patient first mentality/customer service
• EMR/EHR experience (open to any software)
• Strong computer skills/proficiency
• Skills in problem-solving, setting priorities and using good judgment for decisions
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Tagged as: United States
The Jobot platform blends proprietary AI technology and experienced recruiting pros to create the first of its kind job matching...Apply For This Job
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise...Apply For This Job
Change Healthcare is looking for a new Healthcare Representative to join their team with Trinity Health in Maywood Background/Requirements: 2+...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic...Apply For This Job
Health & Wellness Director (DON) Assisted living/Memory Care Competative Salary! – Why Charter Senior Living? – -Here are just a...Apply For This Job
Company Overview: Full-Time positions include a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus! The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Home Health is responsible for...Apply For This Job