As a part of the orthopedic team, the Clinical Assistant will interact with patients and perform clinical, maintenance and administrative assignments.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
• Prepare exam rooms prior to patient arrival.
• Interview patients to obtain medical information and vital statistics.
• Record patient’s medical history, height and weight.
• Patient education to include cast care, traction care and the use of orthopedic appliances.
• Input orders directed by physician (x-ray, physical therapy).
• Schedule appointments necessary to patient care (return appointments, post-ops, study follow-up etc.).
• Surgery scheduling to include coordination of preoperative H&P testing, therapy and pre/post-operative equipment.
• Assist with patient flow and give direct patient care as directed.
• Maintain clean and well-stocked treatment rooms, bracing rooms and clinical areas; ensure appropriate and timely disposal of Sharps and biohazard material.
• Respond to phone calls and triages appropriately and resolve issues accordingly the same day.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent customer service skills and patient focus
• Strong organizational and customer service skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
medical, cma, rma, medical assisting, data entry, emr, Triage, scheduling appointments
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-High school diploma or equivalent
-1-2 years’ experience in a medical facility working as a medical assistant. Preferred – 3 years’ experience in a medical facility working as a medical assistant
-Experience with EMR systems a plus, EPIC is what Ortho VA uses.
-CCMA, CMA, RMA or ROT Preferred
-Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Tagged as: United States
MedPro Healthcare Staffing, a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Med-Surg registered nurse (RN) for a travel assignment...Apply For This Job
San Ramon Regional Medical Center began serving residents of the San Ramon Valley and its surrounding communities in 1990. Located...Apply For This Job
Covenant Health is seeking a On Call, Day Shift Registered Nurse II for the MICU LRMC at Covenant Health System....Apply For This Job
RSM is looking for a dynamic Manager to join our Healthcare Assurance team in our Miami office. We have a...Apply For This Job
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose....Apply For This Job
Looking for a change? Our client is seeking a Family Medicine Physician(or IM/Ped) for an employed direct primary care clinic opportunity in Sunnyvale, California. The physician will...Apply For This Job