AMETEK Land is the world’s leading manufacturer of monitors and analyzers for industrial infrared non-contact temperature measurement, combustion efficiency and environmental pollutant emissions.
Our success rests on award-winning technologies that push the limits demanded by the ever-increasing technical demands of global industry. Aligned with our expert knowledge, we meet the challenges of a wide range of applications, delivering process safety, process control and product quality our customers depend on.
We are looking for a Sr. Field Service Engineer, Team Lead to join our organization.
The ideal candidate will have:
Relevant technical qualification in suitable discipline (significant experience considered in lieu).
· 3-7 years’ experience of onsite service or working in a technical support environment.
· Good problem-solving skills
· Communication, influencing and assertiveness.
· High level of work ethics and customer satisfaction commitment. Must be passionate about meeting customer requirements.
· Outstanding customer service and relationship building.
· Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel.
· Knowledge of OPC, Modbus, software (C++, C#), PLC programming (Siemens, Allen Bradley) – desirable.
· Must be capable of performing job duties in harsh environments with required ability to climb ladders to 250 ft
· Must be capable of handling tools and materials as heavy as 75 lbs
· Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask under demanding deadlines.
· A positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must.
· Strong trouble shooting skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation
· Demonstrates good judgement in analyzing information to make routine decisions.
· Ability to communicate technically with people at all levels, both written and verbal.
· Open to receiving feedback and applying/integrating the feedback to improve results.
· Good team player but also able to work on own initiative.
As a part of the global Service team, the Senior Field Service Engineer – Team Leader will report directly to the Operations Controller with a dotted line to the Global Service Manager. The role will provide technical support to customers and sales channels as well as being responsible for contract/non-contract on-site service, preventative maintenance, commissioning and training on AMETEK Land’s products and systems at an expert level. The Senior Field Service Engineer – Team Lead will provide leadership to the Field Service team and foster the growth and development of the subordinate team members. Acting as a “Service Ambassador” to satisfy the business operational and technical needs – ensuring that service levels are consistently met in a productive and financially responsible manner. Works closely with multiple departments to provide an outstanding customer experience.
The role is USA based with up to 80% travel serving a mix of customers and industries that have established service contracts with AMETEK Land. Jobs are planed quoted and scheduled by the Senior Field Service Engineer- Team Lead. Efficient planning, cost control, business generation/retention, adherence to Health and Safety regulation, maintenance of personal test equipment and PPE is an essential part of the role. The Senior Field Service Engineer – Team Lead will be required to troubleshoot and provide remote support. The role will also require some international travel.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Main tasks and responsibilities are centralized around direct contact with customers, distribution partners and the internal and external Sales/Service teams as well as responsibility to the Field Service Team.
· Leadership, guidance and support of the LAND US Field Service Team, ensuring a safe working environment and focus of customer satisfaction
· Ensure customer satisfaction through ownership of product and service issues, liaising as appropriate with UK factory support staff; logging non-conformances, customer issues, corrective actions, etc. in the QSI system
· Promotion of our aftermarket products via participation at national trade shows as well as domestic or international sales meetings, or on-site visits
· Provide expert level technical support to customers, covering commissioning, service and calibration of AMETEK Land products and systems. This support will be on-site and remote as required.
· Ensure Site Visit Reports are complete and signed off by the customer in a timely manner to allow invoicing.
· Acting as a “Service Ambassador” manage and develop technical relationships of the customer base ensuring that AMETEK Land’s products performs to specification and the customer expectation.
· Identify, Quote and Secure up selling opportunities with existing and potential customers, for new products and services, including service contracts.
· Troubleshoot and reproduce problems and define workarounds/solutions.
· Using the continuous improvement methodology, provide product feedback from the field that can help fix current product issues and help in the design of future products.
· Work closely with Engineered Solutions for special project commissioning.
· Input to NPI process – ensure new products are designed to be as easy as possible to service in the field.
· Involvement in technical training of Field service members, sales, distributors and customers.
· Provide technical and general office assistance to the wider LAND business unit as/when required.
· Any additional duties as required by the business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Tagged as: United States
Our Satellite TV Technicians/Installers are responsible for multiple customer visits daily which could include completing site surveys, installing satellite equipment,...Apply For This Job
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort...Apply For This Job
Lead Engineer If you are a Lead Engineer with experience, please read on!We are the largest independent developer in Texas,...Apply For This Job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted...Apply For This Job
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New YorkDistinguished Engineer Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors who strive...Apply For This Job
A career in Products and Technology would provide you the opportunity to be part of an organization that is building...Apply For This Job