The Medical Assistant- Back Office is responsible for supporting efficient patient
flow while performing various aspects of the back office patient visit.
Description of Primary Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for supporting and monitoring patient flow in the back office.
a) Scrubs appointments in advance to ensure necessary information is available for patient visit.
b) Assists in the distribution of patients, including walk-ins.
c) Keeps patients informed of wait times and ensures patients are properly flowed in system.
d) Schedules patient appointments.
e) Follows-up on “no-show” appointments and ensures messages and requests are responded to accordingly.
f) Understands general front office workflows and is able to step in to support the front office when needed.
2) Responsible for performing various aspects of patient visit.
a) Reviews health record with the patient and updates clinical information such as current medication, medical, and surgical
b) Obtains vital signs and patient data.
c) Initiates the follow-up of specialty care referrals and services per policy.
d) Supports dispensary related functions, including requests for prescription refills, logging of medications, and pharmacy/patient phone calls.
e) Completes necessary clinical forms required for patient visit such as patient assistance programs, PM-160’s, and Staying Healthy Assessment forms.
f) Maintains continuous communication within the patient care team.
3) Responsible for performing important medical tests and procedures on patients.
a) Prepares necessary instruments, room set up, and obtains consent for required procedures.
b) Performs Quality Control of CLIA waived screening equipment.
c) Performs CLIA waived screenings and properly documentation in system.
d) Performs injection techniques.
e) Preforms standing orders and clinical indicators such as immunizations, foot screening, and Tuberculosis screening.
f) Performs specimen collection, preparation, and labeling.
g) Performs veni-puncture procedures (if Venipuncture certified).
4) Responsible for obtaining medical record releases, and ensuring the processing of medical record requests.
a) Scans relevant documents into the electronic health record system.
b) Performs documentation in the patient’s electronic health record according to policy and training.
5) Responsible for preparing and stocking exam rooms/lab and monitoring adequate supplies in stock.
6) Responsible for discarding of Biohazard waste and sharps.
7) Responsible for weekly testing and weekly/monthly cleaning of sterilization equipment and the sterilization of medical equipment.
8) May also be responsible for maintenance of the mobile health unit
a) In charge of weekly cleaning and restocking of mobile health unit, dumping septic tank and refueling the vehicle.
b) Drives mobile health unit to and from various designated locations (as often as multiple times per day, after-hours, and on weekends)
c) Maintains all vehicle logs and any DMV records as required.
d) Assists disabled passengers and children into and out of vehicle.
e) Immediately reports to supervisor any vehicle safety, maintenance and hazard issues. Cooperate with any 3rd party official or employee assigned to vehicle inspections.
9) Performs other duties as assigned.
medical assisting, Patient care, Appointment scheduling, Medical, Vitals, Insurance verification
Top Skills Details:
medical assisting, Patient care, Appointment scheduling
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1) Duties require the ability to effectively perform in response to workflow or ongoing direction by supervisors or others.
2) Ability to effectively select from pre-established alternatives to resolve situations encountered on the job.
3) Duties require analysis of information following established methods, not requiring the employee’s own opinions.
4) Employee’s focus is primarily on their own work.
5) Requires the compilation of information.
1) MA Certification from a teaching institute is required. MA Certification from a medical doctor will be considered. Injection certification is required.
2) Valid California driver’s license required.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email
for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Tagged as: United States
Company Overview: Licensed Practical Nurse * $2500 Sign On Bonus The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Home Health is...Apply For This Job
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) partners with leading physicians, hospitals and health systems to develop and implement surgical services strategies across...Apply For This Job
We Are Hiring: Unit Description: Women’s Health: 10-bed gyn/gyn surgery unit. This unit also takes medical/surgical patients as beds are...Apply For This Job
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list...Apply For This Job
Prime HealthCare Staffing is currently seeking Registered Nurse – Home Health for positions in Newton, KS The ideal candidate will...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Become a part of our OR team today! Wesley Healthcare’s Perioperative Nurse Residency For New...Apply For This Job