Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading developer, owner and operator of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable projects that power our communities and cities. Our mission is to responsibly decarbonize the grid and make North American energy markets more affordable, sustainable, and efficient. Aypa is well-capitalized and uniquely positioned to lean forward on projects with deal structures that are well suited to meet our customers’ needs. Aypa has been at the forefront of energy storage development since our first energy storage project came online in 2018. As a leader in our industry, we now have over 10 GW of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable energy projects in development, and 32 projects in operation or construction across North America.
The Manager/Director of Asset Operations is responsible for spearheading the development, growth, and execution of the technical operations of Aypa Power’s energy storage and hybrid business. This position will oversee the operations of multiple assets spanning several markets, each with unique market and contractual obligations. Must have experience directing utility-scale plant operations and asset management, coupled with a strong technical background in power plant operations.
• Play a lead role in creating and executing the long-term technical asset management and operations strategy for Aypa’s portfolio of energy storage and hybrid projects.
• Collaborate with the Commercial Asset Management team in optimizing existing project revenues.
• Originate and report key performance indicators monthly to the broader management team, including liaising with structured finance group to deliver upon requirements of financing parties.
• Manage relationships with project operator(s), OEM(s), and O&M provider(s).
• Collaborate with EPC Team to seamlessly integrate projects under construction into operations.
• Originate, administer, and track warranty claims on existing projects. Determine contractual deviations from project stakeholders.
• Cultivate new relationships in the operations and asset management space.
• Work closely with internal and external resources to structure, negotiate and close project transactions related to acquisitions, financings, and divestitures, as well as commercial and technical contract agreements.
• In collaboration with Commercial and Finance teams, develop and track annual operating budget.
• Provide due diligence on late-stage or operating M&A opportunities.
• Work with regulatory and policy experts to understand and roll out ISO or utility modifications that would implicate technical or commercial operations.
• Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
• A Graduate degree (MS or MBA) is desirable.
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience in utility-scale renewable or thermal energy plant operations and/or asset management.
• Minimum of three (3) years in centralized operations control
• Familiarity with field operations, service and maintenance is preferred.
• Project operations history in at least two of: ERCOT, CAISO, PJM and NYISO preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in management of availability, performance and reliability of power plant operations
• Familiarity with grid scale battery storage plant operations is preferred.
• Customer focused personality, comfortable using critical reasoning and judgement to make good decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a demonstrated proactive work ethic. As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
Compensation and Location
• Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
• Salary: Base salary and incentive plan that is commensurate with experience.
• Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
• Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Candidate should be based in Aypa’s Austin, TX office. Candidate must be willing to travel 15-25% to support site operations.
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
General ManagerLocation: US-CA-RiversideJob ID: 2022-3300Number of Openings 1Category: ManagementSource Code: as16 Overview & Essential Job Functions Position Summary: The General...Apply For This Job
Overview Nestled conveniently in North Texas in the vibrant city of Denton is the corporate headquarters of Sally Beauty Holdings,...Apply For This Job
We are hiring for a Director of Operations that is responsible for the overall operations of five locations throughout metro-Milwaukee...Apply For This Job
Overview Come Grow With Us! Pyramid Hotel Group is an industry leading and growing global hotel management company. We are...Apply For This Job
Description: AdaptHealth Opportunity – Apply Today! At AdaptHealth we offer full-service home medical equipment products and services to empower patients...Apply For This Job
Key Responsibilities Supervises employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, and/or final...Apply For This Job