Behavior Hlth Sandia Unit-Hosp
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your passion for Behavioral Health to Banner Thunderbird Medical Center! Our Behavioral Health Unit is made up of 56 beds and cares for a wide range of different mental health diagnoses as well as those behavioral health patients whom have co-morbidities that require an extra level of acute medical care.
As a Behavioral Health Specialist you will focus on safety checks, assisting in ADL’s, Milieu management, falls prevention measures, and 1 on 1 observations. This position is for a Full Time Night Shift Opening in Behavioral Health! The hours will be from 7:00pm – 7:30am for 3 shifts per week which will include weekends and holidays on a rotating basis. You will have the opportunity to utilize our self-scheduling tool for shift and weekend coverage as well as enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18% Night Shift differential!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 595-bed hospital – one of the largest hospitals in the state – is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
This position provides direct care to psychiatric patients working under the direction of a registered nurse.
1. Provides basic nursing care to patients including technical monitoring, taking vital signs and physical care. Orients patients to treatment setting and assists with activities of daily living as needed. Reviews and participates in implementation of the patient treatment plan. Makes rounds and monitors patients activities, physical and mental status and reports to nursing staff. Checks patient belongings for contraband. Conducts a variety of patient safety monitoring activities such as observational checks. Documents observations, interventions, and group activities in the patient medical record while maintaining confidentiality of all health information.
2. Assists in maintaining a safe, orderly & therapeutic environment. Maintains patient safety and protects patient rights through observation and reporting patient behaviors, communications, interactions and physical status. Recognizes patients who are behaving aggressively, acting as a danger to themselves or others, or are in a crisis or medical emergency situation. Provides intervention including, but not limited to, redirecting of patient and/or participating in restraint or seclusion as needed.
3. Assesses and interacts therapeutically with patients and families. Provides treatment that promotes patient dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy, and choice. Demonstrates respect for cultural diversity and patient boundaries. Plans and facilitates social and didactic group activities. May participate in other rehabilitation and treatment programs.
4. Provides quality patient care by maintaining knowledge and skill level related to the symptoms and treatment of behavioral disorders relevant to position responsibilities and in accordance with state agency regulations. Maintains knowledge to identify types of medications commonly prescribed for patient group and the common side effects and adverse reactions of the medications.
5. Assists in the admission, discharge and transfer process of patients and completes required documentation in the patient medical record.
6. Position completes work under moderate supervision. Position interacts with all levels of clinical staff on assigned unit/program and members of the multidisciplinary teams, as well as patients, families, and medical and psychiatric physicians.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral health related field OR High School diploma or equivalent with 1 year of direct patient care in an inpatient behavioral health setting. This should include but is not limited to experience in an inpatient psychiatric facility; assisting with personal grooming and other activities of daily living; conducting educational, recreational and skills groups appropriate to current patient population; creating, maintaining, and encouraging an inpatient therapeutic milieu; maintaining observation precautions and applying non-violent de-escalation interventions in crisis situations; recognizing the common symptoms of mental illness such as depression, psychosis, mood dysregulation, substance abuse, maladaptive behavior, and anxiety; understanding how symptoms are related the patient’s mental illness diagnosis and providing ordered treatment interventions appropriate to the diagnosis. Such experience is commonly achieved in care of patients in psychiatric acute care hospitals, inpatient psychiatric facilities and State hospital programs. Some outpatient programs, therapeutic group home and residential programs may meet the experience criteria. Concentration on skills and experiences demonstrating competence in building therapeutic rapport, developing collaborative relationships with the multidisciplinary team, de-escalation techniques and limit setting.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or BTMC Behavioral must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working in the Banner McKee Senior Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit must possess an Colorado Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Meets age requirement as specified by state agency.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Description Do you envision a role within an inclusive, diverse, and compassionate workplace culture? Centennial Medical Group and First Call...Apply For This Job
Description We Are Hiring Clinic LPN, CMA, RMA or MA Ascension St. Elizabeth Behavioral Health Clinic Appleton WI ...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in...Apply For This Job
Information About this Position Full Time – 3 – 12 hour shifts per week Night Shift 7 pm – 7:30...Apply For This Job
Lovelace Health System is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Rehabilitation for a nursing job in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are...Apply For This Job
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange...Apply For This Job