***$1,500 sign on Bonus
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Come to a department with heart and about heart. The Progressive Care Department (PCU) at Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix provides comprehensive cardiac care to a complex patient population. Staff in PCU care for a wide variety of patients, such as vascular, cardio-thoracic surgical and heart failure, and offer treatment modalities such as left ventricular assist device (LVAD), leach therapy and ultrafiltration (used for HF patients no longer responding to diuretics).
As a Patient Care Assistant you are involved first-hand in providing care that improves patient outcomes and experience while also providing a greater learning opportunity about the heart and all its complexities. Team work is STRONG in this department, and support to be your best self is great. Staff truly GROW in PCU, with many PCAs becoming RNs within the department due to the support we provide while in school. Schedule 3 -12 hour shift from 6pm – 6:30am. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
**12 Month Commitment
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records and provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheters removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient’s record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. Assists in the ordering of patient specimens. May transcribe and process physician orders effectively using the electronic medical record.
7. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
8. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. This position works under supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Tucson: Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires. Existing Tucson incumbents may not transfer out of their geographical market without meeting the CNA requirement. Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Depending on department assignment, receive a minimum passing score of 85% on ECG or EEG test with accurate identification of all lethal cardiac dysrhythmias and epileptiform activity is required. Successful completion of either a unit approved basic electrocardiogram interpretation course or electroencephalographic interpretation course, or on the job training is also required.
In Arizona the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is preferred. Recent healthcare experience preferred. Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 12/27/2018
Tagged as: United States
Description Overview CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than...Apply For This Job
Description Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Graduating soon? Interested in our Residency Programs? Your future in Nursing is here...Apply For This Job
Description Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Do you want to be a part of a family and not just...Apply For This Job
Description Overview Angel Medical Center Registered Nurse (RN) Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated...Apply For This Job
Description Overview: At Concentra, we maintain a healing focus, a selfless heart, and a tireless resolve.As one of the largest...Apply For This Job
Description Job Description & RequirementsRegistered Nurse – Medical Surgical – (MS RN)StartDate: 10/11/2021Available Shifts: 12 N Pay Rate: $2917.79 –...Apply For This Job