Social Svcs Beh Hlth-Hosp
*3,000 sign-on incentive
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that’s why we work hard every day to make a difference in people’s lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people’s lives – and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner University Medical Center – South Campus, houses the only Level 1 Academic Medical Center in Tucson meeting the needs of the SMI population. The Behavioral Health Pavilion is also the largest inpatient psychiatric service in Southern Arizona. Our team provides patients a safe, supportive environment that fosters healing and facilitates a return to the highest possible level of independence. You can become an integral member of our patient’s team, along with psychiatric doctors, NPs, pharmacists, BH Specialists, and security officers.
This position is for a Full Time Crisis & Intake Therapist in our Emergency department. Hours for onboarding/training: First 3 months M-F (8) hour days,
can transition when ready to three (3) twelve hour days 7a-7:30p or four (4) ten hour days. Current or previous behavioral experience a plus. You will receive a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.This role will assist in review packets, assessing appropriateness for Lv1 admission, coordination care with outpatient agencies, and making recommendations regarding patient’s level of care needs and resources
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
* Eligibility for $3,000 sign-on incentive with a one (1) year commitment.
University Medical Center South Banner – University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
This position assesses and coordinates behavioral health care to ensure the most appropriate level of care in accordance with all state and federal regulations as well as company policies and procedures. This position provides crisis assessment and support to patients and family members who are experiencing serious psychological or psychoactive substance abuse disorders. This position communicates effectively with multidisciplinary teams within organization and outside agencies.
1. Performs emergent/non-emergent behavioral health assessment of mental health and psychoactive substance abuse patients. Makes recommendations regarding patient’s level of care needs and resources. Coordinates inpatient and outpatient admissions or alternate level of care facilities. Provides crisis stabilization therapy or intervention therapy skills during critically changing behavioral situations. Coordination with the patient’s family, attending physician, or other hospitals and agencies may be required.
2. Conducts assessments in collaboration with other healthcare professionals as necessary to develop clinically safe patient dispositions according to state regulations.
3. Documents complete, accurate and timely in the medical record. Depending on assignment, incumbents with a current RN License may take Doctor’s orders.
4. Conducts initial utilization review by obtaining treatment authorizations as appropriate with representatives of managed care or other necessary agencies/individuals. Documents accurately and coordinates with patient financial services and payers regarding treatment authorized.
5. Identifies the full spectrum of mental health disorders as listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) and is knowledgeable of all state and federal protocols that pertain to the treatment/transfer of psychiatric patients.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Responds within hospital bylaws to requests for assessment and consultations within organization. Provides emergency interventions and makes disposition recommendations to medical staff.
8. May be accountable for external patient placement, advocacy assistance and support to patients and families. Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to develop, manage and communicate discharge plans.
9. This position is responsible for behavioral health assessments within organization. Internal customers: all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. External customers: physicians, payers, community agencies, provider networks and regulatory agencies.
Requires a Master’s degree in counseling, behavioral health, or a related human services field, or education requirement as mandated by the state board in order to obtain licensure in field of specialty.
Requires one of the following licenses: Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC), Licensed Associate Substance Abuse Counselor (LASAC), Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor (LISAC)Marriage and Family Counseling (LCMFT) or MA-Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
Requires BLS (BLS is not required for employees working in Telehealth Behavioral Health Services).
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years clinical experience. Requires extensive knowledge in the areas of psychotherapy, counseling or clinical social work. Must have a working knowledge of hospital operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources. Excellent organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one-year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Crisis & Intake Therapist in the specialty area.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, BUMCS or BTMC in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Community Health Worker – Multiple Shifts Available ($25/hr – $30/hr Start Immediately) What’s In It For You: – $25 to...Apply For This Job
Company Overview: ** $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME! ** DFW Home Health is looking for nurses that want...Apply For This Job
POSITION SUMMARY POSITION QUALIFICATIONS At the Salina Regional Health Center, our most valuable resource is our people...Apply For This Job
CMA Multi-location float position: Mileage will be reimbursed if traveling to multiple locations during the same work day. While in...Apply For This Job
Description Division: Home Health Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so,...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Inpatient RN-Orthopedic Step Down/Medical Surgical/Telemetry Unit- $24k Hiring IncentiveLocation: Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Inpatient RN – Registered Nurse, Nursing...Apply For This Job