Sun City, Arizona
Olive Branch Sr Ctr-Corp
General Operations and Culinary Services
You have a place in the health care industry. If you’re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Banner Olive Branch Senior Center has been a key community services provider in Sun City for over 30 years! Banner Olive Branch has received a national recognition for our innovative senior center programs focusing on addressing “social determinants of health” including food insecurity, loneliness/depression, and other basic non-medical needs that contribute to poor health outcomes in seniors. The Banner Olive Branch Senior Center is receives funding from AZ Area on Aging, United Way, and other community organizations. The center partners with St. Mary’s Food Bank offering daily food pantry and monthly mobile food pantry to residents of Sun City. The Banner Olive Branch Center provided over 100,000 congregate and home delivered meals in 2020!
As a Food Service Worker at the Banner Olive Branch Senior Center, you will have the opportunity to provide assistance in the kitchen to support our Home-Delivered Meal Program. The schedule is Mon-Fri, 6am-1:30pm. No weekends or Holidays!
The potential candidate must be able to obtain a food handler’s certificate and a level one fingerprint card (DES – DAAS – Division of Aging & Adult Services).
Since 1988, Banner Olive Branch Senior Center has been providing services to our community to help participants remain healthy, active and independent. The center offers a variety of social and educational activities as well as delicious and nutritious meals. The Banner Olive Branch Senior Center is a great opportunity to provide compassionate, professional and outstanding service for older adults interested in socializing in an environment that meets their needs.
This position works as a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, patient trayline or retail café. Provides service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures.
1. Sets up work station and prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality standards. Assures that food presentation continually meets standards.
2. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials. Monitors dish machine temperature.
3. Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
4. Checks and records food and equipment temperatures according to defined procedures, and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
5. May deliver meals, nourishments, late trays and/or tube feedings to units; return excess nourishments as requested. May also assist in catering or special event service.
6. May handle transactions at cash register (if applicable) and/or cafe.
7. This position interacts with other food service department personnel, hospital staff, patients and families. Requires the ability to follow a work routine with regular supervision, to work quickly and correctly while providing good customer service and maintaining sanitation standards. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and guidelines for the use of cleaning chemicals and be able to work in physical contact with them.
This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, to communicate effectively and to provide customer service. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. POS (cash register) when applicable.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility, Olive Branch Senior Center or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Job Title: Food Service Worker (Flex)Location: Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Hospitality ServicesSchedule: Per DiemWork Type: Department: JM-GMC Food Services TeamDate Posted:...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Flex Food Service WorkerLocation: Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Hospitality ServicesSchedule: Per DiemWork Type: Part timeDepartment: JM-GMC Food Services Production...Apply For This Job
Schedule: Part timeAvailability: Applying to this requisition allows you to be considered for multiple opportunities. Please provide as much availability...Apply For This Job
Schedule: Part timeAvailability: Afternoon, Evening (including weekends). Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or olderLocation: Abingdon, MDAddress: 21 Wegmans Blvd.Pay:...Apply For This Job
** RECENTLY INCREASED PAY STRUCTURE AS WELL AS SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE **Title: Food Service Specialist (2021-018-1456)Program: SRO, Ithaca, NYShift...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities:The food service worker employs the principle of positive guest's relations by maintaining a good rapport and cooperative working relations...Apply For This Job