Banner Staffing Services-AZ
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
In this role as a Medical Assistant in Family Practice with a back-up to Peds, you will get to bring your knowledge of previous family care experience and work side by side with other Medical Assistants in a 12 Provider Office to ensure that patients get the services needed, while learning different routines and procedures. You will be able to take your passion to assist patients with vitals, rooming, call backs, etc. and help to make sure patients are receiving the best care possible.
Location Address: 1917 S Crismon Rd Mesa AZ
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes: employment, criminal and education) are required.
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient’s condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients’ blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG’s. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer’s recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician’s offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Description Company Description It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care...Apply For This Job
Description Description Introduction Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line,...Apply For This Job
Description Description This position is eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus! Introduction Are you looking for a place...Apply For This Job
Description Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas Why UT Health – East Texas? Our...Apply For This Job
Description Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple Full Time Evening 11a-11p The Forensic Registered Nurse (RN) provide prompt, sensitive...Apply For This Job
Description Job description Become ALL IN! as a Medical Assistant As a pioneer, in laboratory information systems, our hearts beat for...Apply For This Job