Green Valley, Arizona
Green Valley Clinic-Clinic
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Our Green Valley Clinic currently has 2 internal medicine NPs and numerous specialties that are offered including: nephrology, podiatry, cardiology, GYN, ENT, general surgery and structural heart. We are looking to grow this clinic to include family practice and potentially more specialties (MDs and NPs) in the very near future. We will be providing services to patients of all ages. We are a small clinic in a tight knit community. Family atmosphere. We are a multi-specialty clinic with the opportunity for numerous experiences in multiple areas. Our ideal candidate is a Medical Assistant that is eligible for certification that has some experience who is willing and eager to learn and grow with our clinic.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner – University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children’s – recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner – University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation’s top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses’ innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet ™ designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital’sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient’s condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients’ blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG’s. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer’s recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician’s offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 04/04/2021
Tagged as: United States
Description EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop...Apply For This Job
Interim Healthcare Services of NEPA isseeking an experienced Registered Nurse / RN to cover intermittent visits for our ever-growing cliental....Apply For This Job
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of...Apply For This Job
$2,500 Sign on Bonus (Does Not Apply to Internal Candidates) JOB SUMMARY: This position is with our Mobile...Apply For This Job
Entry-Level Healthcare US-VA-Richmond Job ID: 2022-11659Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: Resident CareCommonwealth Senior Living at Chesterfield Overview Commonwealth Senior...Apply For This Job
Community Health Planning and Engagement Specialist – (22000218) Description The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Bureau of Community Health and Prevention,...Apply For This Job