$1,000 sign-on bonus!
3 sets of scrubs included
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Looking for Certified and Uncertified Medical Assistants for a variety of clinical settings. We currently have administrative, front office, and back office openings throughout our different Banner ambulatory settings. We have full time benefited opportunities. These settings include: Banner Urgent Care, Banner Occupational Health, Oncology, Family Practice, Primary Care, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedic, General Surgery, Endocrinology, Pediatric, Bariatric, Gastroenterology, Women’s Institute, Lung Disease, Rheumatology, Diabetes, Transplant, and Neuroscience. You can enjoy all this while enjoying a Monday-Friday schedule with no holidays or weekends.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
**Uncertified Medical Assistants will be considered and will have 12 months to become nationally certified once employment begins. Uncertified Medical Assistants will have access to Medical Assistant certification study material and Banner will pay for the cost of certification. A passing score would result in a pay increase due to an MA’s newly certified status.
Banner is also committed to your future and invested in furthering your education. Medical Assistants have the opportunity to move up the Medical Assistant career ladder or sign up for tuition assistance to further advance their career. From PTR, to RN, there are endless opportunities at Banner Health. Ask your recruiter for additional details to learn more**
*Eligibility for the sign-on requires one year commitment
At Banner Medical Group, you’ll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings – from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient’s condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients’ blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG’s. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer’s recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician’s offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Host Healthcare is an award-winning travel healthcare company with an immediate opening for this Registered Nurse – Home Health position...Apply For This Job
Job Overview Responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients, visitors, staff, etc. This position also provides administrative and clerical...Apply For This Job
$3,000 sign-on bonus The Health Care Guide brings value to Primary Care by facilitating access to solutions, quality outreach, goal...Apply For This Job
Description Our Mission- Above all else, we are committed to the careand improvement of human life. For us, it’s all...Apply For This Job
Overview Hello humankindness Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona,St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit...Apply For This Job
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a nursing job in Ripon, Wisconsin. Job Description &...Apply For This Job