**$1,000 Sign-On-Bonus For Medical Assistants**
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Mercy Pediatrics takes great care of our patients and their families because we have great physicians and engaged staff who truly care for them. Going the extra mile with a positive attitude is the minimum for us. Mercy Peds has been selected to help Banner lead changes in how we provide care to our patients by being part of the Imaginarium. A think tank created by Banner to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff. The better we care for our co-workers, staff, and providers; the easier it will be to provide excellent care for our patients and their families. If you are looking to be challenged, work with a team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, and have fun, Mercy Peds is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare.
As a Medical Assistant, you will be working directly with our patients and families after check-in. You will get a chance to help shape many lives by providing care to our patients. A career with Banner is great if you are just starting out or have many years’ experience. Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives! Mercy Pediatrics looks to empower our staff to make decisions, and let your natural talents grow into a role that best fits your strengths. Mercy Peds is looking for people that want to challenge themselves, give ideas to make positive changes in our patient lives, and want a positive work environment built on communication and trust.
Responsibilities for this position will include taking vitals, POC testing, vaccine injections, returning messages and calling patients with results, and documenting accurately in the EMR.
Shift/Hours: 8:30AM-5:30PM (No weekends or holidays!)
Location: 3493 Mercy Rd. Bldg. 15 Gilbert, AZ 85297
**$1,000 Sign-On-Bonus For Medical Assistants**
At Banner Medical Group, you’ll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings – from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient’s condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients’ blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG’s. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer’s recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician’s offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Job Description JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Answer all incoming calls with exceptional customer service with a focus on compassionate patient centered care...Apply For This Job
Multispecialty Clinic $3000 Sign on Bonus Summary Medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office...Apply For This Job
Primary location is 5236 W. University Drive Suite 2200 McKinney, TX 75071. Additional practice locations varies upon coverage assignment needs...Apply For This Job
Our client is seeking a Family Medicine Physician for a direct primary care clinic opportunity in Paramus, New Jersey. The doctor will provide primary care, chronic disease...Apply For This Job
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Day ShiftMedical Assistants works in a collaborative environment to deliver excellent patient care under the...Apply For This Job
Division:Eskenazi Health Sub-Division: Hospital Req ID: 9951 Schedule: Full Time Shift: Nights Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the...Apply For This Job