***$1,500 Sign on Bonus
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
This is a brand-new floor that will offer all new equipment and supplies. We now have the technologies available that incorporate vitals sign uploading directly into the EMR and brand new MX40 telemetry monitor packs that show the rhythms and heart rate on the front screen of the pack. As an PCU Registered Nurse, you will care for a wide variety of patients, such as vascular, cardio-thoracic surgical, heart failure, Neuro and respiratory. Our model supports learning at all levels, and is truly a collaborative environment between nursing, physicians and other therapies.
We are committed to providing our community with excellent patient care and are ranked as one of the top five hospitals in Phoenix, being recognized for eight high-performing specialties, according to U.S. News Best Regional Hospitals report. Clinical expertise, compassionate patient care and research are important components of all specialized services at Banner Health. Schedule for Days and Night positions is 3 -12 hour shift from 6am-6:30pm or 6pm – 6:30am. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
**12 Month Commitment
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital – one of the largest hospitals in the state – is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records and provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheters removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient’s record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. Assists in the ordering of patient specimens. May transcribe and process physician orders effectively using the electronic medical record.
7. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered.
Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
8. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. This position works under supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required. Have obtained either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure or certification OR current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice (required for new hires and transfers). Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and
computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Depending on department assignment, receive a minimum passing score of 85% on ECG or EEG test with accurate identification of all lethal cardiac dysrhythmias and epileptiform activity is required. Successful completion of either a unit approved basic electrocardiogram interpretation course or electroencephalographic interpretation course, or on the job training is also required.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
In Arizona the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is preferred. Recent healthcare experience preferred. Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Description Overview In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia...Apply For This Job
Description Primary City/State: Phoenix, Arizona Department Name: Banner Staffing Services-AZ Work Shift: Varied Job Category: Clinical Care Banner Staffing Services...Apply For This Job
Description Position Summary: Perform a variety of front and back office clerical duties in support of assigned area to include...Apply For This Job
Description Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a RN Medical Surgical you want in your current role?...Apply For This Job
DescriptionThis position is eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonusIntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as a(an) CVICU Registered...Apply For This Job
Description Overview RNs with CHI Saint Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and...Apply For This Job