Sign on Bonus $1500.00
Great careers are built at Banner. We value and celebrate equity, diversity and inclusion by promoting a culturally-rich workforce. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
We have a 43 bed inpatient medical surgical high acuity unit. Patients are cardiac monitored and we focus on providing patient care for adults and geriatric patients. The medical specialty unit provides care for patients that typically have a variety of physical and cognitive deficits with multiple co-morbidities. We provide telemetry services and PCU overflow as needed. We also provide peritoneal dialysis services.
Our leadership team prides itself on support and teamwork approach while ensuring each member of our team is accountable to their performance. We have a strong focus on growth and mentoring. Our vision is to provide our staff an environment to thrive and create an excellent customer experience. We have high expectations around providing quality care through team work, language of caring, and adhering to Banner Core Behaviors. Our NDNQI nursing survey scores are well above national mean in Overall Practice Environment and Job Enjoyment, along with all other dimensions surveyed. We believe in can-do attitude, strong customer service skills, and flexibility.
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women’s health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records and provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheters removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient’s record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. Assists in the ordering of patient specimens. May transcribe and process physician orders effectively using the electronic medical record.
7. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
8. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. This position works under supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Tucson: Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires. Existing Tucson incumbents may not transfer out of their geographical market without meeting the CNA requirement. Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Depending on department assignment, receive a minimum passing score of 85% on ECG or EEG test with accurate identification of all lethal cardiac dysrhythmias and epileptiform activity is required. Successful completion of either a unit approved basic electrocardiogram interpretation course or electroencephalographic interpretation course, or on the job training is also required.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
In Arizona the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is preferred. Recent healthcare experience preferred. Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Home Health RN We are looking for a Home Health Nurse. The individual will plan, provide, supervise and document professional...Apply For This Job
INCREASED RATES FOR BOTH PART-TIME/FULL-TIME Shifts Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Aveanna Healthcare, the largest home health care company in the U.S.,...Apply For This Job
Patient Care Assistant/Patient Care Tech (PRN) Mercy Health [Apply Now](https://wd5.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/easyservice/MercyHealthCareers/job/Cincinnati-OH/Patient-Care-Assistant-Patient-Care-Tech–PRN—Mercy-Health_R111995/apply) *Requisition* R111995 *Market* Cincinnati, Ohio *Department* Med/Surg Unit – Jewish...Apply For This Job
Overview: Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New...Apply For This Job
This is Pool/Variable/float position, $50/hr. Day and night shifts available.JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION TITLE: Inpatient Registered Nurse DEPARTMENT: CSU/WPH POSITION REPORTS...Apply For This Job
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange...Apply For This Job