Sun City West, Arizona
Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center has been named to the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals list for 2019 by IBM Watson Health. Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center is dedicated to a high-tech, high-touch philosophy of care that has kept us a top healthcare choice in the Northwest Valley for more than 20 years. We are deeply committed to providing the highest quality of clinical care along with an excellent patient care experience.
The Banner Del Webb Progressive Care Unit team is hiring for a full time Patient Care Technician t to join our team. 3D is a 38 bed cardiac telemetry unit looking for a PCT who is BLS certified and exhibits the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Excitement! As our Patient Care Technician you will get to work in a fun place with a strong, cohesive team that are close and who work together to impact their own environment. You will provide routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. As the ideal candidate you will be responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records and provide a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department. You will be valued member of our team and be a part of strong team collaboration. Hours for this position are 7:00- 7:30. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
This incumbent provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contributes to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records. The position also performs a variety of support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Assists with daily living activities and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice. Procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, IV removal, EKGs and Health Unit Coordinator duties. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to clinical staff and patients for procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in room turnover.
8. Supports a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels, as well as patients, families, and physicians.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
Computer literacy and keyboarding skills are required. In California: advanced skills are excluded.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Recent healthcare experience preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Satellite Location: Monroe County Department of Social Services JOB TITLE: Behavioral Health Therapist (Monroe County DSS Location) POSITION GRADE: 81...Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARY The Certified Medical Assistant 1 under the direction of a physician, assists in the delivery of health care...Apply For This Job
Medical Assistant ~ Oklahoma Heart Institute Oklahoma Heart Institute (OHI) is part of Ardent Health Services, based in Nashville, Tennessee....Apply For This Job
Primary City/State: Greeley, Colorado Department Name: Greeley Pediatrics Clinic-Clin Work Shift: Day Job Category: Clinical Care Primary Location Salary Range:...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Clinical Social Worker (LSW) – Behavioral HealthLocation: Scranton, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Wellbeing Services, Social WorkSchedule: Days Work Type: Full...Apply For This Job
Description Description $15,000 Sign On Bonus Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) New Grad RN Resident PACU...Apply For This Job