Excellent pay and benefits, multiple practice settings, employment options to meet every need, and some of the best nurse-to-patient ratios you will find anywhere. Leverage your experience and passion for patient care as a Nursing Assistant at Banner Health.
Requires: Basic Life Support Certification ONLY
We have Full-time and Part-time opportunities available on Day and Night shifts
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better.
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
This incumbent provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contributes to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records. The position also performs a variety of support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Assists with daily living activities and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice. Procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, IV removal, EKGs and Health Unit Coordinator duties. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to clinical staff and patients for procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in room turnover.
8. Supports a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels, as well as patients, families, and physicians.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
Computer literacy and keyboarding skills are required. In California: advanced skills are excluded.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Recent healthcare experience preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
JOB PURPOSE:Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, advanced practice provider (APP),...Apply For This Job
Stax is expanding our talented team of consultants to join our work with private equity firms on their healthcare deals...Apply For This Job
Knowledge Services is seeking an Administrative/Healthcare Recruiter to join our team in our brand new Indianapolis office (hybrid schedule offered). ...Apply For This Job
Can a single organization change the future of health care? At Kaiser Permanente, we think so. America’s leading nonprofit integrated...Apply For This Job
We Are Hiring: Cardiology is accepting applications for a full time Medical Assistant. Mon-Thurs 8:30am-5pm, Fri 8am-4:30pm. Flexibility to...Apply For This Job
Fortus Healthcare Resources is seeking a Travel CNA CNA for an immediate opening in Greenbrae, CA . When you join...Apply For This Job