$10,000 sign on bonus
Great careers start with great training. Nurses at Banner Health enjoy some of the best on-the-job-training in the industry. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. Apply today and build your career.
Banner Estrella is a full-service medical campus, the 317 all-private bed hospital offers an array of medical services, including heart care, emergency services, general surgery, weight loss surgery, medical imaging, orthopedic surgery and a comprehensive maternity services program. We have received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing. This designation is a testament to the innovative, safe and thoughtful care our professional nurses provide patients every day.
2AB is a 36 bed Neuro Progressive Care Unit, and will serve patients with medically complex needs. This unit sees a variety of neurological patients. The Progressive Care Unit at Banner Estrella Medical Center is currently seeking experienced PCU Nurses, but at this time we are accepting application for those that have Telemetry, ICU, Home Health, Skilled Nursing, Medical/Surgical or any other acute or critical care background. This is a full-time night shift, working 3-12 hour shifts per week, 7:00pm to 7:30am, with rotating weekends/holidays. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential when applicable and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.
Should you have any questions, please contact Kasey Knicely at
or call (602) 747-2134
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
*Requires a 2 year commitment.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and use keywords RN New Grad to search for openings.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we’ve been named one of the “ten most innovative hospitals in the country” by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
1. Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
2. Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient’s status.
3. Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Evaluates the patient’s and family’s response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient’s response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient’s response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
7. Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise staff and work flow of the department.
9. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Also works with clergy to provide spiritual support. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary/interim RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel acute care positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area. Banner Registry and Travel physician practice positions require a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a physician practice or an acute care setting.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Professional certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
Description Company Description It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care...Apply For This Job
Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Shift Medical Assistant with the Stephen Flores MD Staff Department at Covenant Medical...Apply For This Job
DescriptionThis position is eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus!IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are...Apply For This Job
Description UT Health East Texas is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) NICU – Neonatal Intensive Care for a nursing job...Apply For This Job
Description Job Summary MedStar Ambulatory Services is committed to providing world-class, compassionate care to every patient,every time, at every touch...Apply For This Job
Description Baylor Scott & White Family Health Center – Mesquite 1575 I-30 Mesquite , Texas 75150 Full Time; Days JOB SUMMARY The...Apply For This Job