We are currently offering $1000 sign on bonus for all MA positions and Banner will assist you in becoming certified in the next 12 months if you are not already.
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Staffing Services, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If you’re ready to change lives, apply today.
Our Banner Medical Group Clinics are looking for energetic and friendly Medical Assistant with the willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment.? Our team works with all ages of? patients ranging from newborns to the elderly within our community.? We value caring and empathetic people who want to treat each patient as if they were a member of their family.
Our Primary Health Care Centers range in size and number of providers and our leaders have successfully created a culture of trust and environment of team engagement. Our health centers have a sense of belonging, and a provider group that is also engaged and communicates well with the team. Our Medical Assistants also have experience with prior authorizations, rooming, minor office procedures, taking vitals, giving injections, educating our patients and working hand in hand with our customer contact center to ensure seamless communication for our customers and their scheduling need.
Primary Care Clinic Hours: Some clinics are open Mon-Fri 8-6. Some clinics are Extended hour Clinics- Mon-Thurs 7a-7p, Fri 7a-5p Sat 8a-1p (rotating Saturdays once every 4 weeks). Candidates must be flexible to work schedules during these hours.
Our Specialty Clinics are smaller in size, but are can be very fast paced. Specialties include: Cardio, Ortho (travel to Surprise, Glendale, Peoria, and SCW is needed for Ortho), Endocrine, Peds, and Derm.
Specialty Clinics are open Mon- Fri, no weekends.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
Weekly pay 403(b)
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
At Banner Medical Group, you’ll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings – from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient’s condition to the clinician.
2. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients’ blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG’s. Acts as chaperon as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
3. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
4. Provides clerical support with patient/client notifications and documentation to include but not limited to complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
5. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Follows manufacturer’s recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
6. Orders supplies as directed, stocks patient care areas. Medication ordering and tasks related to all medications (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls).
7. Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
8. This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the providers. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician’s offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. Certification or additional training must meet the requirements for Meaningful use. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Tagged as: United States
In 1999, two historic Catholic charities became one, forming CHRISTUS Health and creating a unique purpose in the modern health...Apply For This Job
LOCATION: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE DEPT: KINGSLAND FAMILY MED SCHEDULE: ...Apply For This Job
JOB PURPOSE:Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, advanced practice provider (APP),...Apply For This Job
For New Hampshire, Massachusetts, & Michigan Complete Health – home visits required Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s...Apply For This Job
SUMMARY Clifton Springs Inpatient Addiction Recovery Program is a DNV and OASAS certified level 818 program, which provides inpatient recovery...Apply For This Job
Primary City/State: Tucson, Arizona Department Name: SC-Med/Surg South-Hosp Work Shift: Night Job Category: Clinical Care $1,500.00 Sign-on Bonus Great options...Apply For This Job