We have several opportunities in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
Banyan Health Systems has been serving Miami-Dade and Broward Counties since 1970. We provide quality, individualized care to each of our patients. Our system of integrated health services brings together specialized psychiatric care, primary care, pediatrics, geriatrics, and an extensive program of residential and outpatient substance abuse & behavioral health services under one umbrella. At Banyan Health Systems, we believe when individuals are healthy and strong, our communities are better for it.
WE HAVE FULL TIME AND PER DIEM OPPORTUNITIES
1. Supervise medical assistants to ensure appropriate coverage for scheduled physicians and practitioners, sound clinical practice, and adherence to the Agency’s rules of conduct.
2. Perform health education and shared medical visits for chronic ailments in accordance to standards of care.
3. Administer and read purified protein derivative (PPD) skin tests as ordered by the physician or practitioner and notify the aforementioned of the results.
4. Interview patients to obtain medical history and medication use and measure their vital signs, which include height, weight, body mass index (BMI), pulse, blood pressure, blood glucose if applicable, and state of depression as measured via the use of the PHQ-9.
5. Data enter all medical history, medication use, and vital signs into patients’ electronic health record (EHR).
6. Maintain the sanitation of the consultation room and medical instrumentations through the use of Agency approved germicidal cleaning agents.
7. Perform ear irrigations, electrocardiograms (EKG), conduction of in house vision and hearing tests, administration of injections prescribed by the physician or practitioner, and preparation of the consultation room for the collection of gynecological and other pathological specimens.
8. Call patients to the consultation room once the physician or practitioner is ready to initiate the medical encounter.
9. Ensure all diagnostic and/or specialist’s consultative notes are available and reviewed by the ordering physician or practitioner prior to the scheduled visit
10. Monitor and complete all logs for the use of in house medications, temperature of the refrigeration unit housing vaccines, and functionality of the eye wash station and automated external defibrillator (AED).
11. Attend all mandatory trainings required by the Agency such as the consistent actualization of Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
12. Administer first aid or basic life support as directed by the attending physician or practitioner.
13. Check all consultation rooms have the necessary inventory of medical supplies.
14. Monitor and label the expiration dates of all in house medications and vaccines. Eliminate all expired medications and/or vaccines in accordance to the Agency’s policies and procedures.
15. Flexible to work rotational extended hours and weekend shifts
16. Preparation of instruments required for in house medical procedures.
17. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE A graduate of an accredited Nursing program. A Bachelor in Nursing is preferred. Current/valid State of Florida Nursing license is required and in good standing, as well as current, CPR/BLS is required. One year minimum experience in medical nursing.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and speak in English and Spanish
*Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package** $2,500.00 Sign on Bonus Education and/or Experience
Tagged as: United States
Surgical Services Quality RN *Position may be eligible for a recruitment sign on bonus and relocation assistance.* Marshfield Medical Center,...Apply For This Job
GENERAL PURPOSEOF JOB:The Health Education Specialist is responsible for the coordination, scheduling and presentation of the Cadena de Madres educational...Apply For This Job
Job Profession Opportunity Name Account Name City State Requested Start Date End Date or Duration Bill Rate OT Bill Rate...Apply For This Job
Description: CAN Community Health one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV Services has an exciting opportunity for a Registered...Apply For This Job
Mental Health Clinician Sacramento LGBT Community Center is currently seeking an experienced Mental Health Clinician to join our join our...Apply For This Job
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose....Apply For This Job