The mission of the Beta Academy SPED Coordinator is to manage the SPED program with
excellence, support a culture of “joyful rigor”, and develop scholars and leaders who can
contribute on a community, national, and international level.
1. Meet Student Growth Performance Standards
● Recognized: 55% of scholars meet or exceed expected growth
● Exemplary: 60% of scholars meet or exceed expected growth
● Master: 70% of scholars meet or exceed expected growth
2. Meet Compliance Goals
● 100% of identified scholars are serviced.
● 100% ARD meetings held for newly identified scholars or DNQs.
● 100% Annual ARD meetings carried out.
● 100% of service logs are completed and submitted weekly.
● 100% Participation in LPACs for dually identified scholars.
3. Meet Special Pops Service Goals
● 90% Satisfactory on Staff Climate Survey
Role Based Competencies
● Organization & Planning
● High Standards
● Openness to Feedback and Ideas
● Team Work
● Attention to Detail
● Emotional Intelligence
Beta Culture Competencies
● Culture of Honor
● Courageous Conversations
● High Standards
● Serve as the district representative for special needs scholars; effective management,
supervisory, team building, and problem-solving skills.
● Collaborate with the campus principals to coordinate services provided to 504 and
● Maintain open lines of communication regarding special services with all interested
parties; respond to concerns of parents, teachers, and admin.
● Reviews all school IEPs to ensure quality and compliance and ensures accuracy of
information in IEP.
● Prepare reports and information for the school board meetings as needed.
● Update PEIMS for all SPED scholars.
● Monitor and service SPED scholars.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO, CAO, and Charter School Principal.
● Promotes and maintains a positive and effective school climate by ensuring that all
interactions with staff, scholars, parents, and the public at large are prompt, efficient,
helpful and friendly.
● Implement and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
● Support the overall school improvement process including teacher observation,
modeling best practice, and analyzing scholar data.
● Work with school staff to manage reporting and data tracking for all Special Population
● Supervises and evaluates all special education staff and programs.
● Responsible for ensuring delivery of all of the services prescribed in the individual
education plans of special population.
● Remain current on rules set forth in special population law and regulations.
● Collaborate with campus administration to ensure ongoing identification and
documentation of Special Education scholars.
● Schedule and conduct ARDs for transfer scholars, DNQs, newly identified scholars, etc.
● Schedule services for Special Education scholars.
● Collaborate with general education teachers and administrators to provide staff training
in Special Education Strategies and use of accommodations to assure appropriate
● Conducts observations for students and staff.
● Collect data from District and classroom assessments to prepare ARDs.
● Plan Re-Evaluation assessments for Special Education students to determine Special
Education eligibility in order to assure scholar success.
● Coordinates all related services for special education placement..
● Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials needed to support general education
teachers in assisting scholars with accomplishing all IEP goals.
● Ensure compliance with all state mandated assessments including their selection and
● Ensures procedural safeguards are met.
● Attends all staff meetings called by school or division administration.
● Attend LPAC meetings for dually identified scholars.
● Ensure participation from the LPAC committee in ARDs for dually identified scholars.
● Create and update schedules to support SPED scholars.
● Work closely with the ESL and 504 Coordinators to create schedules for Instructional
Aides and Intervention Specialists.
● Fosters parental participation in the special education process.
Training & Testing Management
● Schedule staff development training and follow state requirements with adherence to
school standards, timelines, and procedures.
● Oversee ordering test material, verify shipments, and coordinate with curriculum
● Create structure for test days and collaborate with staff for successful implementation
such as yearly STAAR.
● Leads/or participates in ARD meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of
conveying and/or gathering information required from TEA.
● Supervise and observe all special population instructional practices in the school,
including coaching and mentoring directly or through other staff and/or professional
● Serve as campus resource person and trainer for all campus staff to support scholars
Professionalism & Communication:
● Demonstrate professionalism by being in regular attendance and arriving on time to
work, staff meetings, tutorials, cafeteria duty, parent nights and other assigned duties.
● Complete required training on time.
● Work cooperatively to create an atmosphere of unity among the school community and
refrain from gossip, negativity and unsupportive comments.
● Demonstrate professionalism at ALL times. I will exercise wisdom by remaining calm,
respectful and non-defensive during parent meetings, disagreements, and personal
● Utilize professional communication with strong grammar, syntax, usage and/or spelling
skills during phone conversations, personal conversations, emails, and social media such
as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. I will refrain from attacking others, fighting, or
engaging in controversial subjects on social media. I will use professional
communication on and off campus, refraining from attacking others, fighting, or
engaging in controversial subjects on social media. Professional communication is used
on and off campus.
● Exhibit professionalism in appearance and follow the BA standard of dress. I will apply
this standard of dress to social media posts in regard to modesty in dress and action
(ex: swimsuit, cleavage, & shirtless pictures, in addition to posts with alcohol, cigarettes
and bars etc.).
● Regularly communicate to parents about scholar achievement levels, class behavior,
assigned homework, academic needs, and any concerns.
● Share information regarding school calendar, planned school activities, field trips,
money collection, and other events within the classroom and school that are imperative
and time sensitive to the parents of the classroom.
● Check staff email a minimum of three times daily during normal working hours and
check teacher in-box daily and commit to read updates, notes, and employee notices in
a timely manner.
Other duties/ responsibilities:
● As a Beta Academy team member, you must be able and willing to participate in all
dance/ stomp productions throughout the academic school year.
● Required Special Education Certification with the State of Texas.
● Minimum of five years of experience required.
Are you looking for a fulfilling job? Come and work with the amazing kids at The Vanguard School! The Vanguard...Apply For This Job
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose....Apply For This Job
Training and Recruitment Specialist, University Studies ProgramThe George Mason University Office of the Provost is seeking a Training and Recruitment...Apply For This Job
Hellgate Elementary is seeking several highly motivated, organized, caring, and compassionate individuals to fill Special Education Para-professional positions. Full job...Apply For This Job
Come join our team at Kadiant Land Park Campus! Job Summary: Provides instruction, assessment, and program planning for special education...Apply For This Job
ONC BOCES is accepting applications for the following vacancies/anticipated vacancies: Licensed Teaching Assistants/Teacher Aides Special Education Teachers Please...Apply For This Job