Effectively and efficiently lead and direct the production, maintenance and/or warehouse departments at the plant where applicable, in producing quality product while complying with all policies, procedures, regulations, laws, and maintaining alignment with Cabot’s Vision & Values. As part of the local management team, develop and implement site long-range plan, goals and objectives that support, and are aligned with, business and global manufacturing goals. Share key learning’s and seek improvements in technology and managerial methods from others.
• Manage the improvement of process capability and reduced variability. Utilize proactive approach to customer-focused organization with effective and sustainable problem solving and resolution. Maintain high on-time shipment performance. Assure that all ISO standards are met on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for reliable and predictable operations. Reduce process variability and improve consistency. Actively support product lines and businesses to develop new products and technologies, along with optimization of existing processes. Support the transfer of manufacturing technology and systems to and from other sites. Define long term capital needs. Support the development of capital budgets, plans and definition scope.
• Ensure appropriate measurement tools are in place for tracking process performance. Analyze data and determine the best utilization of assets and resources, along with identifying and implementing process improvement projects will be required.
• Develop, implement, and execute programs that decrease fixed and variable cost through managerial and technological innovation. Drive process improvement to minimize overall cost. Communicate timely reports regarding the management of costs to the organization and managers.
• Responsible for the integration and coordination of various operations that support manufacturing to assure maximum effectiveness. Effectively and efficiently lead and direct the production and raw material storage departments at the plant
• Effectively practice Performance Based Management by coaching and developing employees, direct as well as matrix reports, assuring effective alignment with the matrix functions.
• Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
About the Company
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Realizing we function better together than individually, Cabot Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and to empower employees to achieve exceptional results, without consideration of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employees’ and applicants’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices, in accordance with applicable law.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing and Background Checks
Cabot is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All applicants conditionally offered a position must (a) complete and pass a background check and (b) complete a drug test and receive an acceptable test result. For certain manufacturing, quality and production positions, a pre-employment physical may be required.
Tagged as: United States
Job Title: Director of Operations Location: 1801 Osceola Ave, Osceola, IA Position DescriptionWe are seeking a team-oriented leader with continuous improvement, organizational...Apply For This Job
Description General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely...Apply For This Job
**Research shows that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply for positions unless they feel 100% qualified...Apply For This Job
By clicking the Apply button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information...Apply For This Job
Description The Greywind team is looking for energetic and motivated entry-level Operations Manager Trainees! Do you want to shift your...Apply For This Job
Description Job Title: Manager, Maintenance Summary: The Maintenance Manager position is responsible for managing all aspects of the maintenance department....Apply For This Job