The Calais School is a state-approved provider of special education for students with special needs. The school serves students in grades K – 12+ with multiple learning disabilities. It is our goal to help each and every child realize and build on their strengths and gifts. We are committed to cultivating the potential of every student, making a difference, one child at a time. Our employees know firsthand all the benefits of working for The Calais School and how we foster a culture of collaboration, teamwork and the highest service and support to our students.
As a Paraprofessional, you will provide additional support in the Special Education classroom by working with individual children or small groups of children to reinforce new lessons. Subject area expertise a big plus. (i.e., Math, Science, Music, etc)
• Assist the teacher in preparing materials and activities that support lesson plans.
• Assist the teacher in administering and scoring appropriate screenings and assessments.
• Assist with daily activities such as arrival/dismissal, classroom transition times, mealtimes, and recess.
• Monitor children to ensure a safe and effective learning environment.
• Assist with field trips and special activities.
• Chaperone and monitor students on bus trips to job sites.
• Accompany students on job sites and assist with soft-skills and technical job skills.
• Provide guidance to assure students adjust to job routine, follow instructions and adhere to rules and regulations.
• College, Associate’s Degree or Higher
• Substitute Teacher Certification, required (we will assist you in attaining this if you do not already have it).
• Related job field work experience with demonstrated ability to work without constant supervision and an interest in special education.
Required Physical Skills:
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, ascend/descend stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear;
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted;
• Must be able to demonstrate the appropriate CPI holds, or be able to learn the skills.
For more information about The Calais School, please visit www.thecalaisschool.org
Tagged as: United States
Description Description: Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow....Apply For This Job
This position assists in providing high-quality, educational experiences to enhance school readiness that comply with the NC Division of Child...Apply For This Job
Position: Middle School Special Education Teacher (2022-2023) Location: Boston, MA Start date: August, 2022 ABOUT THE MATCH CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOL...Apply For This Job
Job #: 406927 Location: Located in Minooka, IL Brand new need for a Special Education Teacher to work in educational...Apply For This Job
University of Rochester, Warner Graduate School of Education and Human Development Teaching & Curriculum Program Assistant Professor (non-tenure clinical); full-time...Apply For This Job
Preschool TeacherThe George Mason University Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center, on the Science and Technology campus (formerly the Prince William...Apply For This Job