CAN Community Health one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV Services has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Medical Assistant for our clinic in Norfolk, VA. We are looking for someone who is passionate about serving the needs of individuals impacted by infectious diseases. You will become part of our professional team that drives home our Company’s Mission and Values. We offer good quality of life with an excellent schedule, competitive pay with a bonus plan, premiere benefits package with a retirement plan with a generous company matching contribution. We have received recognition in 2021, 2019, & 2018 NPT’s Best Non-Profit to Work for Award.
All new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.
CAN is a Drug-Free Workplace. All potential hires will be required to take and clear a pre-employment drug screen upon job offer.
You can find out more about us by visiting our website at www.cancommunityhealth.org. Apply Today!
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for the provision of patient care under the direct responsibility of a Licensed Practical Nurse and Physician. Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance patient quality of life. Ensures that all documentation is compliant with professional and legal standards.
Clinical Tasks: Certified Medical Assistant
1. Greet and room patients into appropriate exam rooms.
2. Collect the medical information from patient phone calls and walk-ins.
3. Performs medical intake procedures including labs, vital signs and history.
4. Prepares patients for examinations
5. Prepares chart to include all diagnostic documentation as needed for patient care.
6. Assist the physician during examinations.
7. Explain medical procedures to patients.
8. Administer injections.
9. Perform Electrocardiograms.
10. Orders prescription refills.
11. Conduct tests and procedures as directed, such as EKG’ venipunctures, urine dipsticks, glucometer, etc.
12. Draw blood (Phlebotomy).
13. Performs specimen processing.
14. Clean exam rooms and sterilize medical instruments.
15. Maintains temperature logs for all clinic refrigerators containing specimens and medications.
16. Monitors patient flow after check in.
17. Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
18. Documents all patient information and results accurately in the patient’s chart in a timely manner.
19. Prepares and distributes reports within the clinic and to the health care team as necessary.
20. Prepares records/documents in response to requests from other health care providers.
21. Requests diagnostic test results from other health care providers.
22. Provides assistance with referrals and coordinates services with other organizations, federal and local programs.
23. Maintain complete and thorough documentation on research projects.
24. Performance of required medical procedures associated with research projects.
25. Manage inventory and order clinical supplies
26. Collaborates with clinic team members to coordinate patient services.
27. Promotes and practices CAN’s values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures.
28. Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
29. Participates and strives to achieve CAN’s SMART GOAL initiatives.
30. Adheres to ethical and legal standards of practice.
Administrative Tasks: Certified Medical Assistant
1. Provides assistance in all clinical areas.
2. Assist in answering phones and scheduling appointments.
3. Update Patient files as needed.
4. Maintain patient medical records
5. Complete all required annual trainings in a timely manner to ensure staff compliance.
6. Continue professional training and education to advance knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
7. Participates in continuous quality improvement of services rendered to CAN clients.
8. Develop and foster networking relationships with community and support resources.
9. Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
10. Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect in all interpersonal relationships with CAN clients, staff and visitors.
11. Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Responsible To: Nursing Team Lead
Education/Professional Experience: Certified Medical Assistant
1. Medical Assistant Certification issued by an accredited institution approved by the State of VA, or a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a health care setting
2. CPR certified.
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. Electronic Medical Records classes through SuccessEHS.
5. HIV classes through local health departments or on-line.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Certified Medical Assistant
1. Demonstrates knowledge of HIV medical terminology, procedures, medications and accepted treatment practices.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA rules, regulations and mandates to ensure compliance.
3. Good communication and interpersonal skills with patients, visitors and staff members.
4. Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques, be a self-starter, work effectively, organized and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
Physical Requirements: Certified Medical Assistant
1. Neat, professional appearance.
2. SEDENTARY- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly in lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, walking or standing for brief periods of time.
3. Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law
Tagged as: United States
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY VIA UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI’S E-RECRUIT SYSTEM: https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff. REFERENCE JOB ID 39456. The MU Student Health Center (SHC)...Apply For This Job
Interim HealthCare is seeking a full time Scheduling Coordinator/Client Service Representative in our South Portland, Maine office to assist in scheduling our client...Apply For This Job
Description: POSITION SUMMARY We are looking for a skilled Medical Records Coordinator to become a part of our facility’s compassionate...Apply For This Job
Healthcare Administration Intern US-VA-Chrisitiansburg Job ID: 2022-11712Type: Regular Part-Time# of Openings: 1Category: HospitalityCommonwealth Senior Living at Christiansburg Overview Commonwealth Senior...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Shift: Full-time, Nights $20,000 Sign on Bonus for RN’s with 1+ years of experience...Apply For This Job
Top ENR GC-Healthcare and Commercial large projects. In office, Hybrid and remote opportunities. This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jennifer...Apply For This Job