CAN Community Health one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV Services has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse Team Lead to supervise our clinical staffs in Sarasota and Palmetto, FL. We are looking for someone who is passionate about serving the needs of individuals impacted by HIV and other infectious diseases. You will become part of our professional team that drives home our Company’s Mission and Values. We offer good quality of life with an excellent schedule, competitive pay with a bonus plan, premiere benefits package with a retirement plan with a generous company matching contribution. We have received recognition in 2021, 2019, & 2018 NPT’s Best Non-Profit to Work for Award.
All new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.
CAN is a Drug-Free Workplace. All potential hires will be required to take and clear a pre-employment drug screen upon job offer.
You can find out more about us by visiting our website at www.cancommunityhealth.org. Apply Today!
Salary Range $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 based on degree & experience. Includes Sign On Bonus or Quarterly Retention Bonus
Responsible To: RN Supervisor and/or RN Manager
Statement of Purpose: Provides and coordinates direct nursing services and procedures to patients. Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance patient quality of life though competent medical intervention. Ensures all documentation is compliance with professional and legal standards.
Primary Tasks: RN Team Leader-Sarasota/Palmetto, FL
1. Coordinates with staff on daily activities to ensure all tasks and roles are covered for a single clinic.
2. Handles day to day operations and coordinates with the Nursing Supervisor on any outstanding issues.
3. Collaborates with Nursing Supervisors and Practice Administrators on employee evaluations, on-going supervision and training needs.
4. Coaches and educates nursing staff on clinical procedures, EMR, and on governing and organizational policy/procedure.
5. Performs quality assurance activities and compliance to operational, medical, and OSHA standards. Randomly audits charts and makes recommendations for continuous improvement. Documents all risk assessment activities.
6. Performs medical intake procedures including labs, vital signs and history.
7. Maintains and stocks inventory of clinical supplies
8. Triages patient phone calls and walk-ins.
9. Completes medication refills per the order of a physician.
10. Reviews charts of patients on a daily basis to ensure all necessary documentation is present, current, and complete to facilitate physician visit.
11. Prepares all diagnostic documentation as needed for patient care.
12. Performs venipuncture and specimen processing.
13. Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
14. Promotes and practices CAN’s values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures.
15. Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
16. Documents all patient care in an accurate and timely manner.
17. Coordinates services with other departments, sister organizations, and community as needed.
18. Requests diagnostic test results from other health care providers.
19. Provides assistance with referrals and coordinates services with other organizations, federal and local programs.
20. Collaborates with clinic team members and sister organizations to coordinate patient services.
Secondary Tasks: RN Team Leader-Sarasota/Palmetto, FL
1. Provides assistance in all clinical areas.
2. Continues professional training and education to advance knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
3. Participates in continuous quality improvement of services rendered to CAN’s clients.
4. Cross trains and acts as a backup to clinic team members.
5. Develops and fosters networking relationships with community and support resources.
6. Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost effective manner.
7. Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect in all interpersonal relationships with CAN’s clients, staff and visitors.
8. Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Required: RN Team Leader-Sarasota/Palmetto, FL
1. Demonstrates knowledge of HIV documentation protocols.
2. Demonstrates experience with OSHA mandates, documentation, and compliance.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, and accepted treatment practices.
4. Ability and willingness to make independent nursing decisions based on nursing assessment.
5. Demonstrates ability to self motivate.
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
7. Demonstrates ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks as required.
8. Maintains ongoing, appropriate documentation of all activities as needed.
9. Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
10. Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
11. Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
12. Knowledge of community health services and agencies
13. Ability to apply principals of health promotion and disease prevention.
14. Able to work with health professional in a team environment.
Education/Professional: RN Team Leader-Sarasota/Palmetto, FL
1. RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida.
2. Baccalaureate in Nursing and two (2) years of relevant work experience – OR –
3. Associate of Arts in Nursing and three (3) years of relevant work experience
4. CPR Certified
Experience: Minimum two years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Physical Requirements: RN Team Leader-Sarasota/Palmetto, FL
Neat, professional appearance.
MEDIUM- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to lift, carry, push. pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Other Duties: RN Team Leader-Sarasota/Palmetto, FL
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Tagged as: United States
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Home Health Account Manager you want with your current employer?...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical/Surgical Nurse (RN) where diversity...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem Registered Nurse General Medical Surgical PRN As Needed The RN on our busy patient...Apply For This Job
Overview RNs with CHI Saint Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with...Apply For This Job