TODDLER ROOM TEACHER Under the direct supervision of the Center Director the Toddler Room Teacher shall be responsible for but not limited to:
1. Work with assigned group of toddlers applying best practices for infant/toddler care.
2. Facilitate and nurture the development of each child’s self-esteem, trust, and growing autonomy.
3. Respond quickly to children’s different and personal needs (verbal and non-verbal cues), temperament styles, abilities, and cultures.
4. Document daily individual needs, strengths, interests, service plans, attendance, and meal counts for each child.
5. Plan and implement lesson plan activities and experiences that are developmentally appropriate.
6. Prepare and provide materials that are concrete and relevant to the children s interests and culture.
7. Prepare the infant/toddler learning environment for children to learn through active exploration and interaction with adult caregivers.
8. Administer and accurately document initial and ongoing development using screening and assessment tools at established intervals.
9. Review and carry out health plans for special diets, allergies, medication administration, etc.
10. Partner with parents to develop educational and family goals and update regularly.
11. Provide direct supervision, training, guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to assigned infant/toddler assistant teachers. Conduct periodic observations to evaluate job performance of assigned staff, maintain appropriate documentation, and meet timelines set by the Center Director.
12. Assist with transition into the program and exiting out of the program.
13. Participate in regularly scheduled case conferencing sessions, staff meetings, parent meetings, parent-caregiver conferences, Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP) meetings, in-service training, and other meetings as directed.
14. Other duties as assigned. All Caterpillar Clubhouse employees are expected to be respectful, caring and accommodating to the children and the families that we serve. As a direct reflection of our center this is of the utmost importance.
1+ to 2 years of experience
Age Groups: Preschool , Toddler
First Aid Training, CPR Training, Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child Development Associate (CDA), Early Child Development Coursework
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum two (1-2) years recent paid successful experience as a preschool or infant/toddler teacher or caregiver. *Minimum of 45 hr Infant/Toddler or 45 hr Preschool Curriculum (90 hr preferred). Preferred Criteria/Knowledge: AA/AS degree or higher in psychology, sociology, home economics or human development. Experience with infants/toddlers in a group setting and/or training.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Requires oral and written fluency. Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality. Sensitive towards multi-cultural beliefs and practices. Ability to relate to children of high risk families and their parents. Ability to maintain accurate records and submit in a timely manner. Ability to work as a team member. Flexibility and ability to plan and supervise caregiver staff. Provide leadership and guidance to assistants and parents. Ability to problem solve and organize. Ability to speak before a small group. Knowledge of various community resource agencies to support children and families immediate or long-term assistance.
Ability to see at normal distance. Hear normal conversations and sounds. Use hands and fingers to fill out required forms. Ability to lift infants and toddlers weighing up to 35 (35) pounds. Ability to sit on the floor, bend at the waist, kneel and/or stoop 75% of the time. Must hold Infant First Aid and CPR certificate and renew upon expiration. Must submit to a pre-employment physical examination, negative tuberculosis test and criminal record background checks. Employment is conditional pending satisfactory results of all required tests and background checks mentioned above. Periodic physical examinations and TB clearances will be required if hired.
The CATERPILLAR CLUBHOUSE provides quality childcare for children of working parents in a safe, supportive, family environment. The center provides enrichment experience for children from 6 weeks to 5yrs of age and also serves as a Before and After school Program and Summer Camp.
The CATERPILLAR CLUBHOUSE was established to meet the ever-increasing need of quality child care with an emphasis on early education based on the Word of God. We exist to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual need of all the children who are entrusted to our care. More importantly, we LOVE what we do! We are honored that you have, or are considering us for your child care needs!
Compensation: $15.00 to $20.00 per hour (based on experience)
Industry: Child Care
Tagged as: United States
The Schultz Campus for Jewish Life is a community center located in West Akron. Our award-winning childcare center wants a...Apply For This Job
Description Jeanine Schultz Memorial School is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher – LBS 1 to join our team Park...Apply For This Job
Description Minimum Qualifications · BA in Early Childhood Education or related field · NY State Teaching Certificate: Birth-2nd Grade (if...Apply For This Job
Description Position Type: Student Support – Classified/Instructional Assistant Date Posted: 10/12/2021 Location: Queen Creek Elementary JOB TITLE:Instructional Assistant, Special Education JOB GOAL:To assist...Apply For This Job
Description Description: Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow....Apply For This Job
Description School Special Education Resource Teacher Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Special Education to...Apply For This Job