This position will interface with specific crafts or sub-contractors as directed by the Construction Manager.
The Construction Coordinator reports to the Construction Manager.
• Monitor the HSE, quality, budget, and schedule performance of assigned site contractors, taking action to mitigate any deviations from the plan.
• Audit the reported physical progress for the assigned contractors and validate the accuracy of the contractor’s reports; work with the contractors to mitigate any issues.
• In collaboration with the Quality Manager, audit the quality of the construction work against the project standards for the assigned contractors; work with the contractors to mitigate any issues. The coordinators play an important role in the validation of the quality of the installation since the Quality Manager is a part time role until the project approaches Mechanical Completion and the Transfer of Care Custody and Control packages are developed.
• Lead a culture of compliance with Company LSRs (Life Saving Rules) on the project. Foster a positive work environment where safe work is enabled by treating contractors and craft workers with respect, ensuring that they understand that their personal safety is top priority.
• Interface with site operations to ensure that operations provides the required support to the construction effort.
• Interface with site operations to ensure that the construction is executed safely alongside the operating units.
• Rigorously follow permitting requirements and safety rules
• Facilitate the Construction Manager’s sign off in the PSSR process by field auditing the work during the construction effort. The Contractor Transfer of Care Custody Control procedures support this step.
• While the construction coordinator will likely have a craft background that is either mechanical or E/I, the coordinator should be comfortable supervision work of all crafts.
• Step up as the site Construction Manager when the Construction Manager is off site.
• Attend all project safety meetings.
• Attend tailgate meetings every morning.
• Audit permits and pre task analysis.
• Become trained to issue company work permits. Monitor the GC permit issuers for compliance with company’s practice. Issue permits, as needed, for scope not managed by the GC, if any.
• Audit work permits for compliance and coach improvements.
• Notify PM and site manager, safety manager, immediately of any incidents.
5 Years of position experience.
Tagged as: United States
Description: Looking for a skilled Construction Project Coordinator with past construction industry experience. This position will be responsible for assisting project...Apply For This Job
Pizza Hut is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Pizza Hut requires...Apply For This Job
DescriptionSummary:This position reports to and is under the general direction of the Vice President Construction. Position responsible for management of...Apply For This Job
Lead Carpenter - Residential Construction If you are a Lead Carpenter - Residential Construction with experience, please read on!Top Reasons...Apply For This Job
DescriptionABOUT THE ROLEProduction employees build the industry leading homes and components for each of our unique Cavco brands. Production employees...Apply For This Job
Superintendent - Multifamily Construction If you are a Superintendent with experience in Multifamily Construction, please read on!We have over 40...Apply For This Job