Founded in 1902, Central Bank is a $20 billion super-community bank headquartered in Jefferson City, Missouri, recognized by Forbes as the 4th Best Bank in America in 2021.
Due to our increasing size and complexity, Central Bank has developed a need to optimally manage its growing list of material contracts across the Company. The vendor manager will report to the CFO of the Bank and collaborate with other senior leaders in risk, technology, legal and finance to formulate and cogently articulate companywide vendor management strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The vendor manager is responsible for developing and executing vendor management strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The vendor manager provides strategic leadership by articulating vendor management needs and plans to key stakeholders across the company.
The vendor manager will be responsible for:
* Cataloguing all material contracts across the company
* Monitoring contract renewal dates and planning sufficiently ahead to ensure optimal execution of renewal or replacements
* Facilitating and maintaining relationships with vendors
* Negotiating bids from multiple sources to secure the best prices and quality for products and services and creating standards for vendors.
* Performing as a functional bridge amongst external vendors and internal stakeholders, sharing fiduciary responsibility with business contract owners.
* Predicting future need based on discussions with business line leaders and other business factors.
* Work with internal IT and other partners to ensure enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished. Ensuring vendors fulfill their contractual obligations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a number of key attributes, including a shared culture, relevant experience and education or training, and supportive skills.
Our culture is largely codified in our Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles, which emphasize collaboration, a focus on our customers, colleagues and communities, transparent and respectful communication, and legendary service empowered by innovation.
Beneficial work-related experience includes experience in vendor management, with a particular emphasis placed on financial and contract negotiation. Educational experience, through in-house training, formal school or industry related curriculum, should be business related. Experience in the banking industry would be preferred.
Supportive skills include:
* research: resourceful and tenacious in following industry trends
* analytical: extract and analyze data to reach informed and reasoned proposals to address complex problems
* communication: able to cogently and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
* consensus builder: our structure and culture demand it, as well as patient fortitude
* leader: motivated to serve others and foster development of direct reports and others
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Tagged as: United States
Company Description We are a global leader in the development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients, focused on specialist niches...Apply For This Job
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for directing the efforts and operations of restaurants in assigned regions and for driving sales and profitability...Apply For This Job
Description: Summary: Responsible for the sales/service activities, marketing plan, leadership/management, operating budget, profitable growth, and operational integrity of the assigned...Apply For This Job
Currently seeking a highly motivated DevOps Manager to join our team. The incumbent in this leadership role is accountable for...Apply For This Job
Regional Manager GIM Management Company is seeking a full-time Regional Manager whose position will oversee a portfolio of value-add multifamily...Apply For This Job
Â Solutions driven success. Â XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network...Apply For This Job