CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Responsible for providing nursing care and care coordination to assigned patients under the supervision of the RN. This may involve the administration of medications and treatments and education in accordance with physician’s orders and established nursing policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
2. Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decision making to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
3. Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care. (as appropriate for an LPN)
4. Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
5. Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
6. Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
7. Practices patient experience best practices of AIDET, Hourly Rounding, and Use of the White Board as minimal expectations. May also practice bedside shift report and other best practices required by facility.
8. Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
9. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. Demonstrates knowledge of proper identification of and reporting of medical/healthcare errors. Protects the patient in the event of a medical/health care error.
10. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
11. Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
12. Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
Tagged as: United States
Description EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop...Apply For This Job
For New Hampshire, Massachusetts, & Michigan Complete Health – home visits required Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s...Apply For This Job
Description Registered Nurse (RN) – Neuro Surgical ICU – 7P – Great learning opportunity Sign on Bonus $12K for Eligible...Apply For This Job
Join our Wellpath family and make a difference every day by providing care to society’s most vulnerable and often overlooked...Apply For This Job
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the...Apply For This Job
Covenant Health is seeking an On-Call/Per-Diem, Day Shift Registered Nurse for the Surgery Department at Covenant Children’s Hospital. Apply Today!...Apply For This Job