The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall day to day retail operations, personnel management, store sales, expenses and Profit and Loss for Coen Markets Retail Operation. The Operations Manager needs to possess an extensive understanding of retail operations, retail best practices, experience with team building, fostering professional development and desire to master our company policies. The Operations Manager oversees business processes, the strategies and operational planning for the districts within their assigned region to maximize sales, profitability and achieve company objectives. The Operations Manager role is designed to provide high level of support to our field service operation and ensure all team members are getting the best possible team member experience.
It is Coen’s mission to impress and satisfy our customers and clients with every visit and make their lives simpler. We seek to accomplish this mission through the following seven Core Principles.
1. Do the right thing, right now, every time
2. Embrace change
3. Communicate with transparency
4. Respect and value guests and team members
5. Treat our vendors as partners
6. Have a passion for winning
7. Commit to making a positive impact on the community
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
Develop and implement retail best industry practices:
• Manage and develop all districts in the retail entity.
• Communicate with district managers and support services on a consistent basis to ensure that company policies and procedures are in place.
• Research and analyze current markets, trends and forecasts.
• Participate in the development of fiscal budgets.
• Ability to network in the industry
• Experience with taking a concept from Ideation to Execution and the knowledge base to do that with scalability.
Budget and expenses forecasting:
• Monitor store P&L to achieve revenue targets, educating the team on opportunities for improvement.
• Distribute and ensure there is awareness for district level budgets.
• Implement plans to ensure revenue and budget objectives are met.
• Consistently looking for ways to impact expense management and in turn improve site level profitability
Develop and maintain strategic relationships:
• Play an important role to ensure field execution of Marketing plans and objectives and provide feedback.
• Build supplier and key vendor relationships.
• Address product concerns with suppliers when necessary.
• Constantly build and improve company image.
• Develop meaningful relationships with directors, senior management, marketing, and site management to maximize communication efficiency within the company.
Oversee all aspects of store operations, providing advice, coaching and assistance:
• Maintain high standards of the store image and brand awareness.
• Recruit and develop district managers and store management teams.
• Supervise, train and counsel to ensure all staff are providing the customer service that meets or exceeds company standards.
• Take steps to ensure that team members have access to necessary business information and understand objectives.
• Ensuring daily foundational items are being completed and following up on store level challenges as they occur
• Providing high level of support and oversight to field team ensuring they are managing their team members success, communicating their expectations, and keeping their goals in sight.
Ensure compliance with all company policies as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations:
• Train staff on a continued basis to ensure that all applicable laws are followed.
• Take corrective and necessary actions for violations of company policies as well as governmental laws and regulations.
• Providing guidance to the team on what to prioritize and ensure they are completing these items timely.
• Strong commitment to prioritizing Food Safety and protecting our Brand
Data analysis, monthly, quarterly, annually or as required:
• Monitor the competitive landscape, testing new approaches and adopting best practice strategies.
• Discuss reports, sales and objectives regularly with team members.
• Educate team members on how to extract actionable insights from monthly financial performance.
• Ensure team feedback on their markets are collected and reviewed as needed
• Continue to research trends and innovation through studying our competition, our industry (through industry news outlets and industry networking opportunities)
• Complete and report all incident in a timely manner.
• Follow all safety policies, procedures and checklists.
• Investigate and complete root cause analysis on incidents.
• Champion an environment that prioritizes safety and looks for ways to improve job safety for all
*All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field required.
• 7 – 10 years prior experience supervising multiple stores in a fast-paced retail operation.
• Experience overseeing retail operation of over 50 locations, or 500 team members is preferred
• Strong understanding of the financial aspects of the retail business.
• Demonstrated strong leadership ability.
• Ability to train and motivate staff.
• Effective oral and written communication skills required.
• Proven ability to manage in a diverse environment focus on customer service.
• Must be able to work across multiple departments and levels.
• Strong computer skills for managing schedules and reporting software.
• Some MS Office Suite knowledge; Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to travel on a regular basis.
• Able to work long hours and can respond to store emergencies twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment testing, including background check, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• Valid State Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation is required.
• Serve Safe/Other State or County Certifications within the first 90 days of employment.
• A/B Operator certification within the first 90 days of employment.
• Tobacco and Alcohol Training.
Tagged as: United States
Operations ManagerOpen Operations Manager role in Portales, New Mexico with a leading dairy manufacturer. Seeking a strong, passionate, and professional...Apply For This Job
Auto req ID: 345513BRPosition Type: Full timeEmployee Type: Non-Exempt Job Summary This is a frontline manager position that supports the...Apply For This Job
At Equitable, our power is in our people. We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger...Apply For This Job
* Assist the Center/Branch Manager in the daily operation of staff * Prepare work schedule, assist with the bank balancing,...Apply For This Job
We are always looking for talented, hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are a family-oriented company that...Apply For This Job
We are working with an industry leader in consumer products in the Lancaster, PA The company is known as an...Apply For This Job