At Connected Care, our vision is to become the most trusted and innovative healthcare partner. Our mission is to transform healthcare by inspiring excellence, connecting people and empowering one another through compassion. We are a care delivery organization that provides clinical, administrative, and operational services to independent physician practice associations, accountable care organizations, medical groups and health insurance plans including Medicare Advantage health plans.
The Medical Assistant works closely with Physicians, Nursing Staff and Clerical Staff. The Medical Assistant provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. The Medical Assistant exhibits initiative, is compatible and supportive; and displays team cohesiveness.
Please note this position is temporary full-time position.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Assists physicians with patient office visits which include, rooming patients, interviewing patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, and entering information in patient electronic medical record.
· Prepares and reviews patient chart at least 72 hours prior to patient’s appointment.
· Reviews charts for completeness ensuring all required information is included; notes any deficiencies and utilizes all resources internal as well as external.
· Performs administrative tasks, including patient form completions.
· Scans all pertinent information into the electronic health record system.
· Maintains quality results by following department procedures and complying with legal regulations
· Practices infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment
· Travel to multiple clinics to assist various clinics with patient care.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Completion of an accredited medical assistance certification program required
· 1-2 years of previous MA experience required.
· Must be able to travel locally in the LA county area.
·Must be bilingual in either Spanish, Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese.
· BLS preferred
· Superb attention to detail
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and other external parties in a courteous and friendly manner at all times
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
· Must be dependable with attendance and able to multitask.
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at CCRI is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CCRI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values how we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Tagged as: United States
Since 1997, weâ€™ve dedicated ourselves to being the best healthcare company in the Midwest by providing exceptional, comprehensive care to...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-timeShift: Full-time, Days$20,000 Sign on BonusThis position Floats to the MSICU, CVICU, Neuro ICU,Coronary ICU,...Apply For This Job
Description Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health...Apply For This Job
Description Why Mayo ClinicMayo Clinic is the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in...Apply For This Job
Company Overview: The Full-Time Registered Nurse (RN) in Home Health provides and directs provisions of nursing care to patients in...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Part-time Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an...Apply For This Job