ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions:
• Organize and maintain active and inactive files on all move-ins and move-outs. Coordinate telephone orders and other forms to physicians for signature.
• Develop, revise and enforce health information policies. Create all medical record forms. Revise request for records and HIPAA related forms as required.
• Provide nursing training regarding health information and compliance procedures in communicating and sharing health information with authorized family members.
• Calculate and report daily census information.
• Orchestrate physician compliance of public health and Medicare requirements for physician visits. Notify any physician out of compliance.
• Manage all paperwork in the clinical record, completing necessary notation of information.
• Initiate monthly random chart audits. Implement recommended action plans to increase the privacy level of health information.
• Compile necessary information for release of health information requests. Ensure compliance, accuracy and security of health information in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Maintain log of all record release of information. Expedite subpoena responses auditing records prior to release.
• Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
• Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Position may require some outside travel.
• During emergencies or natural disasters may be required to be on duty for the duration of the disaster.
• Associates degree
• Two to three years applicable experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Health Information Management or Medical Records certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
• Knowledgeable of the basic office equipment and software experience including computer, calculator, fax and copier machines, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of health information regulations, medical terminology, ICD-coding and survey process.
• Ability to problem solve and adapt to changes.
• Adeptness to listen and understand information presented by team members, management and physicians.
• Ability to provide teaching and guidance in health information practices and updates in laws and regulations.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: The daily responsibilities of this position requires sedentary work where sitting is required most of the time, with occasional standing or walking. This position also often requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to life, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Frequent repetitive motion activities are also required. Must be able to read print and computer based materials and to do so with consistent accuracy. Most of these functions require light physical exertion and are conducted in a temperature controlled environment. May be exposed to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, cleaning chemicals, dust, odors and a variety of different pets.
INTELLECTUAL/EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The occupant of this position must be able to perform the responsibilities of the position well under pressure. The position requires adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure. This position requires the ability to deal with and find resolution to problems and maintain a productive working relationship with team members, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of others. It also requires adaptability to fluctuate between priorities on a daily basis while being responsive to needs as they arise.
Tagged as: United States
Overview: We’re in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one...Apply For This Job
Overview: Join Care Medical’s special clinical launch team as we introduce in person care in your area! Partnering with Amazon,...Apply For This Job
OrthoArizona Surgery Center Gilbert is hiring for a full time Medical Records position. Job Summary: Maintains and reviews the...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?...Apply For This Job
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine...Apply For This Job
Description POSITION SUMMARY: This is a direct service position in Crusader Community Health (CCH). The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) coordinates...Apply For This Job