The O’Keeffe Museum is in search of a Graphic Designer to produce and implement the creative strategy and overall design of the Museum’s graphic identity and visual communications. This includes print and digital, environmental graphics, museum exhibition graphics, marketing collateral, and presentation materials. The Graphic Designer works closely with internal clients and external vendors overseeing accuracy, quality control, deadlines, and budget requirements. The Graphic Designer should be comfortable participating in the full creative cycle, from brainstorming to strategy to design to production, across a wide array of print and digital projects with different stakeholders
Common surfaces are sanitized regularly, safety and cleaning measures are in place to prevent the spread of the virus. Masks and PPE are provided to all staff.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
· Design and produce original print and digital graphics in line with Museum brand, from conception to execution.
· Helps to drive the re-branding and creative identity of projects. Ensures that the Museum’s brand standards and style guide are adhered to consistently throughout the Museum.
· Designs, produces, and oversees the production of graphic projects including but not limited to marketing and advertising communications and materials, institutional publications, special event invitations, presentation materials, educational and interpretative materials, wayfinding, and signage.
· Works closely with the Collections and Interpretation department to design and implement collection installation graphics.
· Coordinates, prioritizes and manages multiple projects to meet appropriate deadlines. Able to multi-task and create an organized production schedule that incorporates time for both scheduled and unscheduled projects.
· Confers with various departments within the Museum to determine solutions for graphic applications throughout the Museum.
· Responsible for all graphic special needs and visual accessibility requirements (ADA compliance) for Museum.
· Collaborates with department project managers to maintain schedule and budget goals.
· Oversees external contractors for the design, production, delivery, and installation of graphics
· Conducts photography shoots of Museum objects or spaces for marketing campaigns and onsite events.
· Assists in protection of Museum copyright.
· Manages the storage and in-house distribution of printed materials. Works with archival team to secure design copies for Library and Archive.
· Collaborates on design of web-based communications, including online communications and Museum website
· Manages system for visual assets.
Project and Department Management
· Working collaboratively, develops and manages workflows and schedules to ensure achievement of defined deliverables with Museum departments, other museums, and outside organizations
· Participate in Museum and division planning, committees, task forces and teams
· Engage in regional and national professional organizations and collaborative activities
· Provide supervision and support to the Media and Marketing Specialist
Special Projects or Additional Duties:
· Complete special projects or additional duties as assigned, and consistent with the skills, training, level of responsibility and other requirements for this position
Background and Qualifications
BA/BS in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, fine arts, or closely related field – required
Minimum 2-Years’ experience in Graphics and Visual Communication Design, or comparable work experience – required
Minimum 1-year supervisory experience – preferred
Skills and Abilities
· Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and MS
· Superior visual communication skills, excellent judgment in creating designs with compelling typography, color palettes, and layouts; must be able to prepare designs for print or web
· Experience in web design and HTML and CMS is a plus
· Strong command of photography
· Ability to effectively meet deadlines and self-organize, managing multiple projects and timelines
· Ability to work independently with self-direction as well as collaboratively in a team environment
Please note: to be considered, please submit your portfolio (work samples), cover letter, and resume.
This position is eligible for our full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, 403b retirement plan with employer match, museum membership, retail store discount, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Paid Holidays and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $59,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Graphic Designer 1041590 (L) A leading tech incubator is seeking a Graphic Designer. The successful candidate will develop visual concepts,...Apply For This Job
The American Society of Radiologic Technologists is seeking an assistant graphic designer to join our Graphic Design Department. Working in...Apply For This Job
Reports to: Senior Creative Design Manager Key Internal Partners: Marketing Team, Sales Team, HR, Regulatory, Key External Partners: Agencies, Partners...Apply For This Job
Junior Graphic and Web Designer, UT System Office of Communications and Marketing – 21000001V7 Junior Graphic and Web Designer, Office...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities Cultivate a solid body of work Take the design “brief” to record requirements and clients needs Schedule project implementation...Apply For This Job
As a senior designer, you will play a key role on a variety of fun and challenging projects ranging from...Apply For This Job