POSITION DESCRIPTION & EVALUATION
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA)
Responsibilities: Perform assigned patient care and related duties under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse in accordance with the policies of assigned organization. Reports to the assigned staffing coordinator for compliance with Glengariff Healthcare Center policies.
Key tasks: Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs personal care and related tasks for an assigned group of patients. Assists patients with activities in daily living, to include meals and prescribed range of motion exercise. Transports and accompanies patients to service areas for diagnostic and treatment purposes as assigned. Performs required documentation of activities in accordance with organizational policies.
Qualifications: Current certification to practice as a Nursing Assistant in the State of NY. Proof of citizenship or eligibility to work in US.
Experience: Minimum 1 year full time experience in a hospital (acute care) or Skilled Nursing Facility (long term care) preferred or required by assigned facility.
Requirements: Successful completion of Glengariff Healthcare Center pharmacology and clinical skills testing programs. Current BCLS certification. Documentation of required annual attendance at Fire Safety and Infection Control education programs or completion of Glengariff Healthcare Center annual self study/testing program.
Physical requirements: Submission of physician statement attesting to satisfactory health. 2 step PPD, chest X-ray if indicated by PPD results, immunization history, Hepatitis B vaccination or declination statement. Annual physician statement of satisfactory health including PPD. Must be able to meet physical requirements of assigned organization for CNA in assigned areas.
Required attributes: Reliable and Dependable compliance with assigned schedule. Professional accountability for maintaining current credentials on file at Glengariff Healthcare Center. Submission of accurate, complete and updated skills assessment and learning needs to Glengariff Healthcare Center Office, Timely completion of annual education and health screening requirements.
1. Performs personal care to assigned patients
2. Communicates with RN re patient care questions, problems or issues
3. Participates in care planning by notifying the responsible RN of patient needs
4. Grooming and bathing patients with low mobility
5. Preparing each patient room with necessary items like blankets, pillows, medical equipment, and bathroom needs
6. Helping patients eat and making sure they have regular meals
7. Monitoring vitals and patient behavior and reporting them to the nursing and medical staff
8. Assisting patients with mobility needs, transferring them from wheelchair to bed
9. Turning or adjusting patients in bed to prevent bedsores or other discomfort
10. Exercising patients by helping them walk
11. Performs required skills in accordance with practice standards and instructions for assigned organization
12. Documents complete, accurate and timely nursing notes and summaries
13. Follows infection control practices and procedures
14. Demonstrates care, compassion and patience in dealing with patients and families
15. Recognizes problem situations and asks for supervisory assistance as needed
16. Performs duties in accordance with Patient/Resident’s Rights, Pain Management protocols
17. Adheres to assigned department and organization rules and regulations
18. Adapts to new work methods and other changes without incident
19. Maintains confidentiality of internal patient information
20. Works with others in a cooperative, friction-free manner
21. Follows professional dress and appearance code
22. Maintains satisfactory levels of attendance and punctuality
Tagged as: United States
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and...Apply For This Job
Description Do you have clinical healthcare experience but you want to get into a corporate administrative healthcare position? We are...Apply For This Job
Description Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN Dialysis you want in your current role? We...Apply For This Job
We have several opportunities in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Banyan Health Systems has been serving Miami-Dade and Broward Counties since...Apply For This Job
Facility: Moore Haven Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility Salary: 22.06 per hour Bonus (if applicable): Shift: Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a...Apply For This Job
Baylor Scott & White Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Institue – Waxahachie 1005 Legacy Ranch Road #100 Waxahachie, TX 75165 Full...Apply For This Job