Port Washington, NY, US, 11050
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over one million industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions, government agencies and consumers across North America.
Product Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures, driving efficiencies for various product management team initiatives. This role will collaborate across the organization with critical business stakeholders, including but not limited to, Product Management, Digital Merchandising, DC/Warehouse Operations, Sales, Customer Service, Digital Marketing, Purchasing, and Private Label Development teams. You will be accountable for the enhancement and optimization of product strategy initiatives and working closely with the team to ensure product data is accurate. This role will also develop and optimize reporting tools, identify clear goals, drive internal communications and trainings, and prioritize projects for direct reports to support product business priorities. This role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive stronger planning and execution within the Product team. You will report directly to the Director of Product Operatios.
· Effective management of product operations support members to develop their skills in providing service to cross-functional teams.
o Continuous analysis of activities to make suggestions for improvement and identify missed opportunities to assist in obtaining outlined goals and objectives.
o Prioritize tasks, utilize time effectively and efficiently, and take full advantage of available resources.
o Collaborate with the Director to implement training and execute project plans.
o Assist in the development of strategy and translate that strategy into tangible actions for the team.
o Drive annual product planning process in partnership with key cross-functional stakeholders that ensure internal readiness for customer-facing teams within the organization.
· Understanding of Global Equipment Company’s Industry and products.
o Knowledgeable of GEC’s market strategy, competitive landscape, unique value proposition, how we compete and win in the market, and our financial metrics.
· Keep current with the competitor activities and industry changes that affect product sales information.
· Understand how to improve team’s ability to spot emerging customer opportunities.
· Establish and maintain a positive team atmosphere in which your team feels supported.
o Coach, motivate and inspire the team to achieve and exceed targets
o Develop performance objectives, clearly articulating responsibilities and expectations
o Encourage staff to suggest ways to improve services.
o Promote professional development amongst team by encouraging training and other resources to enhance skills.
o Create an atmosphere that allows team to discuss issues and find solutions together.
· Set clear goals that provide people with clear actionable performance standards.
o Manage team performance based on agreed set of objectives. Provide feedback and take disciplinary action when necessary.
o Partner with other Product Op managers to ensure shared accountability on all quality, quantity, and timeliness standards for team.
· Provide strong leadership to staff by creating a positive work environment
o Communicate company vision and overall objectives to team and how they personally contribute to the company’s success.
o Manage employees with a sense of integrity, creativity, fairness and assertiveness.
o Be an available resource to your team to assist in resolving issues and finding alternative solutions.
· Minimum 2 to 4 years supervisory experience in product operations, product management, or an operational role that worked closely with product and/or engineering teams
· Experience supervising employees
· Results-driven – consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
· Strategic mindset – anticipates future trends and implications accurately Disciplined self-starter with strong work ethic · Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills · Nimble learning – actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder. · Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, negotiation, organizational skills. · Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Global Industrial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment:Operations Manager, Engineer, Warehouse, Product Manager, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing
Tagged as: United States
Responsible for managing the day to day project operations to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a...Apply For This Job
Our General Manager leads daily operations of the restaurant and is responsible for overseeing and managing all Front of the House...Apply For This Job
PURPOSE The Director of Organizational Change Management (OCM), you will play a key role leading the Change Management COE team...Apply For This Job
Program Manager Coordinator/ Business Manager needed for a hybrid position in Silver Springs Maryland. The Big Picture – Top Skills You...Apply For This Job
Description: SUMMARY Creates a work environment resulting in a high level of employee, patient and physician satisfaction leading to achievement...Apply For This Job
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering or equivalent. •S/he should be willing to attend additional training to upgrade his/her...Apply For This Job