Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
This position will be 100% remote (after 3 day on-site orientation time), leveraging our experience providing remote care and counseling using technology to bridge the distance between employee and client.
Hope Services is the Bay Area’s largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently seeking a Spanish OR Vietnamese-speaking Licensed Mental Health Clinician for our world-class Mental Health Services program.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Licensed Mental Health Clinician – Purpose:
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician provides assessment and diagnosis to clients with dual diagnosis, provides individual, group and family psychotherapy, prepares individual service and coordination plans, documents clinical outcomes and acts as an advocate.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Licensed Mental Health Clinician – Responsibilities
1. Provides individual, group and family therapy to persons with a developmental disability who are diagnosed with severe mental illness.
2. Utilize professional education and training to diagnose and treat the clients’ mental illnesses.
3. Provide psychotherapy to empower clients to identify and manager their psychiatric symptoms to enable them to be maximally functional in the larger community.
4. Constantly assess clients for potential harm to self, harm to others, or potential victimization and take appropriate measures to maintain safety. This includes, initiate involuntary hospitalizations when necessary to maintain safety.
5. Use professional training and credential to advocate for clients with other agencies, educate other agencies to recognize and deal with the needs of clients who have a developmental disability and are diagnosed with a mental illness.
6. Develop relapse prevention strategies with clients and their support systems to prevent future psychiatric hospitalizations and loss of community placements.
7. Participate as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team designed to maximally meet the psychiatric and psychological needs of clients.
8. Regularly attend training to update and keep current skills and maintain license.
9. Maintain appropriate treatment records and documentation as required.
10. Other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of the program.
Licensed Mental Health Clinician – Qualifications
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician should possess current licensure current as a LCSW, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist and experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
Licensed Mental Health Clinician – Required Skills
1 Strong Computer Skills and ability to stay organized and productive in a fully remote position. Experience with Teams, Zoom, EMR/EHR, Word Excel and Outlook Required.
2. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with co-workers as well as with the client and community resources.
4. Knowledge of disabilities and the biological, psychological and social models.
5. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
6. Knowledge of psychotherapy.
7. Knowledge and understanding of multidisciplinary team and family dynamics.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Primarily works in an office environment. Long periods of sitting. Some use of computer for record keeping, periods of intense concentration. Some travel to satellite locations, exposure to outdoor conditions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.
Tagged as: United States
Covenant Health is seeking a Full-Time, Day Shift Registered Nurse II (RN) for the Surgery Department at Covenant Children’s Hospital....Apply For This Job
Description Beaumont Health is seeing a candidate to embrace the administrative responsibilities for the Breast Care Centers located at the...Apply For This Job
Description: Greeting and checking in patients Answering telephone calls Scheduling appointments Prepping charts Taking vital signs and rooming patients Entering...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Registered Nurse (RN) – PACU We are currently offering a $15,000 Sign On Bonus...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity....Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARY The Registered Nurse (RN) is a licensed professional who uses the BSWH nursing professional practice model to...Apply For This Job