Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
We are currently seeking Vietnamese-speaking Mental Health Clinicians for our world-class Mental Health Services program!
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more! Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
About the Mental Health Clinician role:
Mental Health Clinician – Purpose
Under clinical supervision, the Mental Health Clinician provides assessment and diagnosis to clients with dual diagnosis, provides individual, group and family psychotherapy, prepares individual service and coordination plans, documents clinical outcomes and acts as an advocate.
Mental Health Clinician – Principal Responsibilities
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying the following functions:
1. Provides individual, group and family therapy to persons with a developmental disability who are diagnosed with severe mental illness.
2. Utilize professional education and training to diagnose and treat the clients’ mental illnesses.
3. Provide psychotherapy to empower clients to identify and manager their psychiatric symptoms to enable them to be maximally functional in the larger community.
4. Constantly assess clients for potential harm to self, harm to others, or potential victimization and take appropriate measures to maintain safety. This includes, initiate involuntary hospitalizations when necessary to maintain safety.
5. Provide 24-hour on-call crisis intervention.
6. Use professional training and credential to advocate for clients with other agencies, educate other agencies to recognize and deal with the needs of clients who have a developmental disability and are diagnosed with a mental illness.
7. Develop relapse prevention strategies with clients and their support systems to prevent future psychiatric hospitalizations and loss of community placements.
8. Participate as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team designed to maximally meet the psychiatric and psychological needs of clients.
9. Regularly attend training to update and keep current skills and maintain license.
10. Maintain appropriate treatment records and documentation as required.
11. Other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of the program.
Mental Health Clinician – Minimum Qualifications
The Mental Health Clinician should be enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral degree program (MSW, MFT, PhD) that is eligible for licensure to provide psychotherapy by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, or the Board of Psychology.
Mental Health Clinician – Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1 Basic computer skills in work processing and spreadsheet application.
2. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with co-workers as well as with the client and community resources.
4. Knowledge of disabilities and the biological, psychological and social models.
5. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
6. Knowledge of psychotherapy.
7. Knowledge and understanding of multidisciplinary team and family dynamics.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Primarily works in an office environment. Long periods of sitting. Some use of computer for record keeping, periods of intense concentration. Some travel to satellite locations, exposure to outdoor conditions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.
Tagged as: United States
Covenant Health is seeking an Full-time, DayShift Registered Nurse II with the Surgery LRMC Department at Covenant Health System. Apply...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another...Apply For This Job
Primary City/State: Gilbert, Arizona Department Name: M/S-4th Floor-Hosp Work Shift: Night Job Category: Clinical Care Sign on Bonus $1500.00 Great...Apply For This Job
Description Description: JOB SUMMARY The Behavioral Health case manager addresses the needs of patients who are referred by CCHC providers,...Apply For This Job
Company Overview: Elite Home Health is looking for nurses that want to make a difference in the lives of their...Apply For This Job
Who is Comprehensive Healthcare? Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We...Apply For This Job