You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Responsible for delivering of a range of activities for individuals who are enrolled in the health plan for Medicaid or and Medicare in order to impact individual health outcomes and provide assistance to the clinical team of nurses and social workers. Activities include, but are not limited to outreach, community education, informal guidance and member support.
· Educate, coach and support members to understand disease prevention and achieve good health outcomes, including diabetes, high blood pressure, mental health, substance use, etc.
· Participate in coordination and resolution of medical and non-medical needs, including appointment tracking, documentation of member information, referrals and follow up, facilitating transportation to services, etc.
· Participate in meetings with external providers and community organizations to build partnerships for our members to be able to leverage member care services. Provide key information to providers for improving members care based on member’s home environment and communities.
· Conduct non-clinical general health assessments in order to refer members to appropriate services, resolve concerns on member’s behalf, and gather information for medical providers and staff working within the organization.
· Conduct non-medical assessments such as home safety, assessment of the community/environment resources, transportation, employment, and others to be able to refer to appropriate services, resolve concerns on member’s behalf, and gather information for medical providers in staff working within our organization.
· Coordinate and implement community events such as baby showers, health fairs, and other health education events.
· Conduct telephonic and in-person outreach to locate individuals and families in the community who are hard to reach.
· Work with other community health workers internally and externally to share best practices, strengthen education and outreach.
· Participate in large scale community assessments including resource mapping, community surveys, and community meetings to discuss findings and resolutions to key member concerns.
· Make frequent visits to individual homes and community organizations.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
High school diploma or equivalent. 2+ years of community health, social work, social services, community advocacy, community outreach, member services, or education, experience. Understanding of the community in designated region through shared experiences or strong desire to help people in vulnerable communities. Bilingual skills preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Community Health Worker Training/Certification must be successfully completed within 15 weeks of hire date.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Tagged as: United States
Covenant Health is seeking an On-Call/Per-Diem, Day Shift Registered Nurse for the Surgery Department at Covenant Children’s Hospital. Apply Today!...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity....Apply For This Job
As a Home Health Registered Nurse, you will: Provide admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for home health patients....Apply For This Job
Veteran Owned Firm Seeking Senior Business Analyst and an Associate Business Analystfor Remote Roles My name is Stephen Hrutka, and...Apply For This Job
At Favorite Healthcare Staffing, we aspire to learn what thrills you about being a healthcare professional. Our exceptional recruiters thrive...Apply For This Job
Description Eligible for $10,000 Sign on Bonus for candidates with 2+ years experience. Relocation available. Introduction Are you looking for...Apply For This Job