LPN Behavioral Health /Dual Diagnosis Nurse
2:45pm – 11:15pm
24 or 32 hrs/wk – including every other weekend rotation
Under general supervision of the Nurse Manager of the behavioral health hospital, provides professional nursing care to emotionally disturbed and/or mentally ill patients for Behavioral Health. Works with clinical and case management staff to coordinate care and assist in treatment plans for patients; and to perform related work. Practices Evidence-Based nursing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history. Performs ongoing and systematic assessments utilizing the nursing process to establish a comprehensive goal directed interdisciplinary plan.
3. Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
4. Communicates and collaborates effectively with residents/patients, families, colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure that treatment is appropriate to meet the age, needs and abilities of resident/patient and unit needs.
5. Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications. Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
6. Assists the client in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment.
7. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
8. Tests for vital signs of pain and ensures treatments of pain.
9. Documents all patient information on medical charts and follows physician’s written orders.
10. Maintains patient confidentiality.
11. Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
12. Performs administrative assignments such as filing, answering phones, typing, and completing progress notes in the computer system.
13. Provides courteous, high quality service to patients and members of the public by personally responding to requests for service or making appropriate referral.
14. Supervises the care provided by CNAs & LPNs assuring adherence to the plan of care, resident profile, policies and procedures.
15. Participates in educational programs, inservices, meetings and workshops and utilizes current literature to enhance professional skills and knowledge. Attends all annual mandatory programs.
16. Participates in quality improvement activities as directed.
17. Follows standards of the Diligent Minimal Lift Program.
18. Knowledge Of:
19. Ability To:
20. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Graduate of accredited LPN school
Experience: Minimum one year clinical experience, preferably in an acute and/or Behavioral Health capacity. Substance abuse experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current LPN license in the State of Connecticut
Key Competencies: Interaction with clients requires adaptability when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or potentially dangerous situations
Tagged as: United States
Location/Facility – Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular (Fort Worth) For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link. Specialty/Department/Practice –...Apply For This Job
Position Summary: Spanish/English bilingual for women’s clinic, OB/GYN experience preferred but will train, Day shift, Monday – Friday, 40 hours...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic...Apply For This Job
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange...Apply For This Job
Description $5000.00 Sign on Bonus Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Medical...Apply For This Job
LOCATION: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE SPECIALTY CLINIC, MARBLE FALLS DEPT: DEMATOLOGY...Apply For This Job