Would you love to join a team where hard work is appreciated and rewarded? Here at Microtech Knives, we believe in creating the world’s best cutting tools. We have high-quality standards and world-renowned craftsmanship. Just as everyone one of our knives is exceptional, we believe every one of our team members is a cut above the rest. We are looking to add to our marketing team, if you would like to join the best of the best, consider applying with Microtech Knives, Inc.
Who is Microtech Knives, Inc.?
For over 20 years, Microtech® has been working to build a long-standing tradition of innovation and quality in the knife industry. In a world of ever-changing technology, we strive to ensure our customers have access to the latest advancements in knife making while continuing to maintain a humanized element throughout the manufacturing process. This passion, combined with tireless dedication, and the support of loyal customers has promoted growth and the evolution of the Microtech brand. The employees on our team share the same level of dedication that this company was built on.
About this Opportunity
The Graphic Designer position requires a detailed and creative team player willing to focus on the creative needs of the Marketing department and use their specific knowledge in several creative applications to create product catalogs, ads, banners, brochures, flyers, websites, tradeshow materials, posters, packaging, and other material that directly reflects the image of Microtech Knives. This position is also responsible for all of Microtech’s trade show design activities (booth design, traveling to key shows for booth set-up and tear down, product merchandising, and product demonstration).
What you’ll be doing!
· Provide graphics services and creative input to the Marketing and Sales departments based on established corporate branding guidelines.
· Design, layout, typography, color, and idea/concept communications in both print and digital media. Must be able to own project from concept stage through execution.
· Produce graphics for trade shows, print materials, PowerPoint presentations, company website, CDs, and other sales and marketing tools as required.
· Translate product features into graphically pleasing solutions in line with corporate/customer product branding and design requirements.
What you’ll need to win!
· Minimum of three (3) years experience in advertising, graphic design, communications, or marketing-related field.
· Prior experience working in a graphic design department for a consumer products company with specific knowledge and skills in project management and preparing final artwork for production preferred.
· Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign, and other creative platforms
· Knowledge of Adobe Flash is desired; Web design experience is a major plus
· Ability to create 3D renderings is a plus
· Technical drawing editing and extensive photo editing required
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as a high degree of creativity, flexibility, and self-direction.
· Great communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with diverse departments within the organization (Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.) and outside design agency partners and vendors.
· Full understanding of the printing process and electronic file preparation for vendors.
· Ability to effectively gauge project duration, deliver on deadline and within budget, manage a high-volume workload, and shift focus quickly to meet changing communications demands.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
· Ability to capture attractive and informative product photographs for print materials, catalogs, web, and in-house reference.
· Ability to write product and technical copy for catalog, web, and print applications.
· Must liaise effectively with outside agencies (printers, translators, photographers, etc.).
· Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources.
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
· BA or BS Degree in Advertising, Graphic Design or equivalent experience required.
What’s in it for you?
· Strong Dynamic Team
· Competitive Compensation
· Excellent Growth Opportunities
· Top Benefits
· Market Leader Employer
Microtech Knives, Inc.
321 Fanning Fields Lane
Mills River, NC 28759
(828) 684-4355 ext. 1106
Microtech Knives, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
We are looking for a graphic designer to. REQUIRED: 3+ years of experience in graphic design, creating and working with...Apply For This Job
JOB DESCRIPTION Creation of original content for multiple mediums, from point-of-sale to social to traditional and digital advertising Partner with...Apply For This Job
Pre-Production Designer Summary The Pre-Production Designer is a member of the Creative and Production team and assists the group with...Apply For This Job
United States, Georgia, Atlanta Marketing & Prod Dev 12-Jul-2022 Ref #: 15814 How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview &...Apply For This Job
The agency worX is partnering with a leading entertainment and media company to find a Book Designer! They are looking...Apply For This Job
Are you looking for a flexible hybrid work schedule/policy? Epson, a $10B global leader in high-quality consumer electronics, imaging, and...Apply For This Job