OCHIN is a rapidly growing national nonprofit health IT organization with two decades of experience transforming health care delivery to drive health equity. We are hiring for a number of new positions to meet increasing demand. When you choose to join OCHIN, you have the opportunity to continuously grow your skills and do meaningful work to help fulfill our mission.
OCHIN provides leading-edge technology, data analytics, research, and support services to more than 600 community health care sites, reaching nearly 6 million patients nationally. We believe that every individual, no matter their race, ethnicity, background, or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. We partner, learn, innovate, and advocate, in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by racism or other structural inequities.
At OCHIN, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual and work hard to maintain a culture of belonging.
Founded in Oregon in 2000, OCHIN employs a growing virtual workforce of more than 700 diverse professionals, working remotely across 40+ states. We offer a generous compensation package and are committed to supporting our employees’ entire well-being by fostering a healthy work-life balance and equitable opportunity for professional advancement. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion, and stewardship. OCHIN is excited to support our continued national expansion and the increasing demand for our innovative tools and services by welcoming new talent to our growing team.
The Director of Knowledge Management supports OCHINs mission leading the overall operational development, implementation, and management of the learning divisions content strategy: define goals and success criteria; develop requirement-driven roadmaps. This role partner with the VP of Learning and Knowledge Management (KM) in driving the strategy regarding knowledge engineering and knowledge packaging for knowledge dissemination purpose. Working with related executives, the director develops strategy, plans and people to reach the organization’s knowledge management goals; driving and identifying paths, projects, and standards to reach those objectives.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
To keep our colleagues, members, and communities safe, OCHIN requires all employees—including remote employees, contractors, interns, and new hires—to be vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine, as supported by state and federal public health officials, as a condition of employment. All new hires are required to provide proof of full vaccination or receive approval for a medical or religious exemption before their hire date.
• Contribute to long range strategic planning for KM and Learning within the organization.
• Define knowledge management roadmap to support organization and business strategy.
• Responsible for communicating and driving the implementation of the organization’s strategy within Knowledge Management teams.
• Planning, directing, and coordinating through subordinate managers and subordinates, the activity of Knowledge Management team that supports the organizations strategic business plan and day to day operational needs
• Establish and monitor measurement/analytics plans ensuring OCHIN KM leads can leverage insights for constant improvement of the learner experience
• Lead the content governance process to define, implement, evolve, and enforce standards and processes for metadata, taxonomy, and content management across the enterprise ensuring accurate, timely and relevant content, of consistent high quality
• Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain content type and metadata schemas, taxonomies, and folksonomies for the storage and delivery of enterprise content to associates and clients.
• Define global content lifecycle management standards and content localization strategies and processes
• Safeguarding assets and intellectual property by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures where applicable
• Advocating in the best interest of the team, our members, and for the organization as a whole.
• Communicating and sharing information to relevant parties regarding team (decisions, outcomes, accomplishments, performance, learnings, best practices, etc.);
• Be an escalation point for after-hours support; and an Knowledge Management consultant to other departments internally
• Support the development and growth of a community of practice for knowledge management across OCHIN.
• Recruit, select and manage the EKM team.
• Assign roles, responsibilities and projects.
• Complete performance pulses and make compensation decisions.
• Provide coaching and mentoring and supports continuous learning and staff development that enhances individual performance and team capabilities.
• Other duties as needed to support the organizational mission and goals
• BA/BS in Business, Communications, Library/Information Science, Health Information Systems Management, or Knowledge Engineering or related discipline
• Knowledge or an understanding of the learning infrastructure in healthcare field; expereicne preferred in the adoption of new technologies and learning theory to improve healthcare outcomes
• Experience leading the development and transfer of knowledge and learning in a creative and progressive way.
• Minimum eight (8) years of progressive growth in field
• Minimum of three (3) years of management and leadership experience is required; experience with managing technical teams is plus
• Experience successfully managing and leading a team of a minimum of 10-15 direct reports ideally in and national virtual environment
• Successful leadership abilities with the focus on bringing people together to execute client needs and business objectives
• Strong customer service skills and work ethic
• Experience with Change Management and Lean Process Improvement strategies a plus
Work Location and Travel Requirements
• This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
– Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment
– High Speed Internet Service
– It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace
– Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN
Description **$20,000 Sign on Bonus available Available for Qualified Candidates** Be part of a team that puts the care...Apply For This Job
MedPro Healthcare Staffing, a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Med-Surg registered nurse (RN) for a travel assignment...Apply For This Job
***$2,000 Sign On Bonus!*** Some call it a career. For us, it’s a calling. As the leading respiratory hospital in...Apply For This Job
About Akron Children’s Hospital Akron Children’s Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked...Apply For This Job
Description: Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to be a part of a continuously growing community-based...Apply For This Job
Job Description Vaco, Boston has teamed up with our client a well-established software technology company located in White Plains, NY...Apply For This Job