The mission of the Information Technology Group (ITG) is to develop, implement and maintain technology-based services and solutions enabling OHSU to effectively manage information to accomplish its missions.
The purpose of this position is to manage the Office of Project and Portfolio Services (OPPS) within the Information Technology Group (ITG) at OHSU to ensure it effectively serves the Universitys mission and goals. The Office of Project and Portfolio Services is responsible for managing execution of medium to large scale capital and operational projects (over $15M), as well as providing portfolio management, resourcing management, and time management services to other divisions within ITG. Team members also hold responsibility for developing and maintaining the ITG Project Management Methodology and tool set, providing ongoing training to ITG project managers, and coordinating the activities of the ITG project management community of practice. This department is also responsible for the project management of IT components of Design and Construction work, including new construction.
This position is also responsible for providing leadership on strategic information technology projects at the direction of the Division Director, with a focus on key initiatives related to process improvement and business evaluation and transformation.
The position will provide excellent customer service in achieving the following objectives: (1) ensure complex systems support for current users and future operations, (2) evaluate processes, user requirements, and system functionality to assist in the selection and implementation of complex systems, and (3) organize, monitor, and deliver information technology solutions according to project schedule.
Function/Duties of Position
Manages day to day work activities of project management team. Assigns work efficiently to team members based on existing skill sets. Performs staff evaluations, sets staff goals and expectations, and facilitates training opportunities for ongoing development. Schedules and conducts regular staff meetings to communicate the goals and objectives of team projects, as well as ITG and OHSU current activities. Leads and assists project team members in the use of, and practical application of, project management tools, principles and methodologies. Creates job descriptions, interviews and hires staff as needed.
Works with both internal and external resources to collaboratively plan, organize, and coordinate large scale, complex information technology projects as assigned. Develops project scope documents, feasibility studies, cost benefit analyses, resource requirements, project cost estimates, and critical success factors. Coordinates the identification of project team members. Prepares project implementation plans and timelines. Leads development of project risk assessment and risk mitigation plans and project change control plans and procedures. Performs post-implementation reviews to measure critical success factors.
Project Management Methodology:
Develops and leads the implementation of standard project management tools and templates across ITG. This will include unifying ITG on the same tool or set of tools for project planning and tracking.
Participates in the development of short and long-range strategic information systems plans for ITG to support OHSU’s strategic plan. Manages ITG’s Scorecard.
Prepaes and monitors capital and operational budgets for assigned departments and projects. Manages project billings to ensure annual target is met for OPPS dept.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field with experience in IT.
• 10 years experience in a complex technology environment, including hands-on experience with process improvement initiatives.
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing an IT development and / or support team in an academic healthcare setting
• Experience as a Project Leader managing and implementing large scale information system projects.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the academic healthcare environment.
• Effective leadership of highly-skilled project management staff.
• Ability to operate in a highly stressful environment, demonstrating good judgment and creative/original thinking to address the demands of the business.
• Ability to influence, motivate and provide clear direction.
• Skilled in overseeing multiple projects with budget responsibilities.
• Demonstrated skill in managing operational and capital budgets.
• Significant organizational and management skills, specifically within a large organization.
• IT project/program management experience to successfully manage small and large-scale applications projects
• Must have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills: both verbal and written.
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy to build and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, while being collaborative in resolving problems.
• Must have a thorough understanding of industry standard principles of project management such as those defined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (published by Project Management Institute).
Tagged as: United States
Requirements: Responsible for the strategic planning and development of the department.Oversees operation of all attractions including: Oliver Mining Company, Arcade,...Apply For This Job
Key Responsibilities Supervises employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, and/or final...Apply For This Job
As Senior Manger, TV & Video, you will be responsible for leading strategy across all of our video channels including...Apply For This Job
$1000 SIGNING BONUS!! As a Fricker’s manager, you will be responsible for providing outstanding leadership to the team. You should...Apply For This Job
job summary: This position is responsible for assisting PDL with end-to-end delivery of portfolio programs and projects to ensure successful...Apply For This Job
Description: Core Living is seeking a knowledgeable, dedicated professional to join our team as an Operations Manager. About Us Core...Apply For This Job