Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Audits and analyzes the work processes, policies and procedures for regulatory compliance issues. Monitors the implementation of appropriate changes to improve accuracy, effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland and ensure workplace and regulatory compliance.
– Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a health related field.
– Must have five years experience auditing compliance with federal and state legislation, and/or five years of patient care experience
– Professional nursing experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
– May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
1. Audits established clinical and operational processes, policies and procedures to detect errors or irregularities and ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and guidelines of Federal and State programs.
2. Tracks progress of HIM compliance program work plan assignments, prepares and presents written reports to the Compliance Committee to document auditing activities.
3. Conducts limited scope charge capture reviews to ensure the accuracy of the charge capture process and revenue maximization.
4. Maintains knowledge of applicable areas. Participates in the establishment of written policies and procedures regarding billing, fraud, waste or abuse to ensure ethical standards of conduct among Parkland employees and effective internal controls that promote adherence with applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies, and federal, state, and private health plans.
5. Assists with investigations, documents and reports suspected violations and irregularities to ensure prompt corrective action and/or resolution of the issue. Coordinates efforts with Reimbursement, Quality Management, Corporate Compliance, and Legal Affairs as needed.
6. Maintains a positive relationship with departments throughout Parkland and outside contacts to ensure direct access, communication and cooperation with planning, implementing and monitoring compliance issues.
7. Assists with non-compliance related audits as needed and provides expertise to audits of Parkland to ensure assets are safeguarded, internal controls are present, resources are used efficiently, and that all activity and costs are appropriate.
8. Serves on various interdisciplinary committees as assigned.
Skills or Special Abilities:
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Mid-Level Healthcare Software Engineer This is a full time permanent opportunity with a national managed care company, which allows growth...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: The Mental Health Case Manager provides services designed to support and maximize the members ability to better direct...Apply For This Job
Are you an experienced Healthcare recruiter who is driven, organized, and an expert at candidate experience? This 100% REMOTE recruiter...Apply For This Job
Our Care Matters. When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Part-time Registered Nurse Pediatric ICU Medical City Children’s Health- Medical City Dallas PT Days 7A-7P ...Apply For This Job
Construction Superintendent for a $450 million Ground up hospital project in Wheat Ridge This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jon...Apply For This Job