Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
-Accountable for providing patient centered care and operational support to the medical team to ensure an optimal patient experience.
-Coordinates activities in the clinical areas and facilities a smooth patient flow.
-Assists with patient data collection, performs select screenings and completes medical office functions relevant to area/assignment.
– Must have three years of customer service experience, preferably in a medical/healthcare/health insurance setting.
– Patient registration experience preferred.
– Prefer completion of course work towards an accredited medical technology or medical assistant certification.
– Medical Office Assistance experience or training a plus.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
– May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements. Skills or Special Abilities
– Must be able to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver patient/customer services that exceeds patient expectations as evidenced by patient satisfaction scores.
– Must be able to demonstrate competency required as applicable to specialty area.
– Must have demonstrated communication skills to include above average verbal skills (heavy public contact) and written skills. Bilingual skills preferred.
– Must have familiarity with diagnostic ICD-9 CM coding and HCPCS-CPT4 procedure codes.
– Must have working knowledge of medical terminology.
– Must be able to demonstrate basic clerical skills and working knowledge of standard office equipment.
– Must be detail oriented and have sharp analytical skills to resolve registration issues as related to multiple groups including third-party payors, physicians, patients and the system.
– Must be able to solve problems within the guidelines of established policies and procedures.
– Must be able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
1. Proficiently performs patient service activities in coordination with clinical team, including but not limited to:
2. Coordinates clinic/area activities and facilitates business processes according to standards.
3. Documents (paper or electronic) completely, accurately, legibly and timely.
4. Assists with maintenance of clinic supplies and equipment.
5. Practices patient safety measures and in association with site leadership:
6. Participates in performance improvement and quality initiatives.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Tagged as: United States
Description Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time $15K SIGN ON BONUS At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for...Apply For This Job
Description Location: Marshfield, Wisconsin, 54404, United StatesJob ID: 60073630Position Title: Registered NurseCompany Name: Marshfield Clinic Health System Registered Nurse All...Apply For This Job
Who we are ERC Pathlight is an innovative, rapidly growing clinical leader in the behavioral health sector. Founded in 2008 by pre-eminent...Apply For This Job
Atrium Staffing is a women-owned agency whose mission is to find people jobs they love! We pride ourselves on our...Apply For This Job
Description Family Health Centers Inc. in Orangeburg, SC is seeking applicants for: Ultrasound TechnologistAn associate degree in Radiology from an...Apply For This Job
Description Participant -Directed Worker to Provide Participant Directed Community Supports Reports to: Person who is wheelchair dependent – Who Is Common Law Employer...Apply For This Job