Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Promotion and restoration of health by planning, developing, recommending, promoting and implementing occupational health programs consistent with regulatory requirements. Prevention of illness/injury and protection from work related and environmental hazards. Evaluations and treatment of on-the-job injuries, providing counseling, health and wellness education, lab testing, and immunization services to help provide Parkland with a healthy work force capable of discharging their duties.
– Must have an Associate Degree in Nursing and obtain Bachelor degree in Nursing within six months of hire.
– Must have four years of nursing experience, preferably in occupational/employee health.
– Emergency Room, critical care, community health or ambulatory care experience preferred.
– Case management experience preferred. Certification/Registration/Licensure:
– Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
-Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
– Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
– Must be able to collect routine or difficult blood samples by venipuncture or capillary techniques on patients of all age groups.
– Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Must demonstrate proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
– Must be well organized and detail oriented.
– Must demonstrate ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor while under pressure and stress.
– Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks simultaneously including instructing and counseling customers.
– Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Tagged as: United States
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) New Grad RN Resident Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare you...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites...Apply For This Job
Ensuring the achievement of Northern Arizona Healthcare’s mission, the Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of care for patients...Apply For This Job
Primary City/State: Glendale, Arizona Department Name: Behavior Hlth Sandia Unit-Hosp Work Shift: Night Job Category: Clinical Care Those who have...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Are you looking for a work environment as a PACU Nurse for our...Apply For This Job
Description SSM Health Dean Medical Group is searching for a master’s prepared Adult Psychotherapist to join our experienced and cohesive...Apply For This Job