Construction Project Manager/Superintendent
PERIKIN is a proven construction management, general construction, and design-build firm specializing in federal, public, and commercial contracts. We operate primarily in federal markets working with the Department of Defense, the US Army Corps of Engineers, and the National Nuclear Security Administration, among others. We are headquartered in Albuquerque, NM with offices in Arkansas, Tennessee, and Texas. At PERIKIN we believe teamwork is the key to success which is why we are committed to supporting each other in work and life. We work vigorously to ensure we provide our team members with the necessary resources, compensation, training, education, development, and benefits to prosper.
Currently, PERIKIN is seeking a Construction Project Manager for our Fort Smith office in Arkansas. The Project Manager is responsible for all administrative and technical management of a construction project.
The Project Manager will possess exceptional and responsive oral and written communication skills to properly direct all construction contract intricacies including but not limited to project cost development and negotiations, conflict resolution, contract staffing, subcontractor management, and scheduling. This position functions as the primary point person with our customers for a given project and steers the project forward. Successful candidates will be able to share their passion for and dedication to getting the job done.
• Oversight and management of construction projects from start to finish.
• Estimating the cost of construction projects.
• Ensure the projects are completed on time, on budget, and within project specifications.
• Secure all required permits and verify insurance coverage for subs.
• Schedule and facilitate all project meetings required to successfully coordinate work activity.
• Supervise and manage project team members.
• Train and develop direct reports utilizing on-the-job and internal and external training or development opportunities.
• Have thorough knowledge of all major project issues and priorities; prepare and submit monthly job status reports.
• Assist other PERIKIN team members with preparing civil, architectural, and/or structural preconstruction-related services, as required.
• Prepare written scopes of work, detailed plan, and specification reviews.
• Conduct field/site inspections and coordinate project delivery.
• Prepare effective job schedules.
• Recruit and manage subcontractors in all trades.
• Plan and coordinate employees and subcontractors.
• Coordinate and maintain all job-related notes, photos, and necessary documentation.
• Establish and meet customer service expectations.
• Implement quality assurance procedures.
• Develops a schedule and cost-effective plan for completion of an assigned project.
• Collaborates with other staff to create preconstruction estimates and budgets for materials and labor.
• Coordinates and schedules the work activities of tradespeople, professionals, and laborers, communicating to and via project foreperson to deliver instructions and project assignments as appropriate.
• Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares and provides progress reports to owners and architects; makes recommendations for necessary modifications.
• Collaborates with architect, engineer, attorney, and other pertinent stakeholders to ensure specifications, zoning requirements, and other regulations are met.
• Ensures specifications and regulations outlined in architectural and engineering plans are followed.
• Obtains required permits and licenses; executes construction contracts according to terms of agreement.
• Monitors budget throughout the project and communicates variances as they occur.
• Maintains records related to costs and inventory.
• Addresses any safety violations or other deficiencies.
• Collaborates with union representatives to answer questions and clarify procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree preferred but not required in Engineering, Construction Management, or Similar Field plus 5 years’ experience as a project manager in a general construction field.
• 10+ years of experience in general construction or related field is required (civil engineering, construction management, construction technology) instead of a degree.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team; minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
• Intermediate to advanced experience in Primavera/P6 scheduling
• Intermediate to advanced experience Microsoft office/ Excel Spreadsheets
• Federal Government Contracting – USACE/ DOD/DOE experience
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening.
• Must be able to pass a background check and have a clean driving record, with a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to obtain a clearance.
• Must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 prior to hire.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage emails and clear communication using email.
• Responsive email communication skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, work concurrently on multiple jobs, and perform well under stress.
• Ability to negotiate and develop relationships with subcontractors and contracting officers/managers who may have little construction knowledge.
• Skilled in estimating and project management.
• Possess exceptional organizational and planning skills (detailed oriented person)
• Ability to recognize and solve problems independently.
• Ability to manage budgets and schedules.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to read, understand, and execute blueprints, drawings, and plans.
PERIKIN offers a comprehensive benefits program including:
• Tuition reimbursement
• Generous paid time off and paid holidays
• Health Spending Account & Flexible spending account
• 401(k) with company match
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, voluntary
• AD&D, Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
PERIKIN Enterprises, LLC (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person’s race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and any other status or characteristic covered by an applicable federal, state, or local EEO law.
Tagged as: United States
Description:As a Construction Manager, you will manage daily operations of self-performing installation staff, subcontractors, and superintendents while they are engaged...Apply For This Job
Job description for Production Manager:Management and delegate the starting and completion of reconstruction projects.Train and coach team members that produce...Apply For This Job
This opportunity includes working as a Laborer / Concrete Finisher / Carpenter (Construction) at our jobsite locations throughout Florida. Traveling...Apply For This Job
DescriptionABOUT THE ROLEProduction employees build the industry leading homes and components for each of our unique Cavco brands. Production employees...Apply For This Job
job summary:A Construction Manager is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Forest City, NC area. Candidate...Apply For This Job
Make Money and Travel the East Coast! Year round work available!Carolina Environmental Contruction, LLC is a professional environmental construction company....Apply For This Job