I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Reference: State of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Title 16, sub chapter 14, Hawaii Revised Statues.)
• The APRN functions as an expert practitioner with educator consultant, researcher and leadership role components and functions autonomously and in collaboration with other health care professionals to enhance the quality of nursing practice and patient care.
• Provides health care that includes services to individuals and families, which emphasize health promotion, disease prevention, and diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases. Direct care services may include, but are not limited to, obtaining a patient history, providing a complete or focused physical examination, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, patient and family education, and dealing with social, economic and ethical issues within the scope of a health care provider. Indirect patient care services may include but are limited to setting standards for nursing practice and facilitating the professional practice of nursing care at the bedside.
• Develops protocols for care, as appropriate, serves as a health care researcher, interdisciplinary consultant, and patient advocate.
• Depending upon area of assignment, performs various duties as given below.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching above, at and below shoulder, frequent gripping of an object.
• Occasional: stooping, bending, squatting, twisting body, lifting, and carrying weight up to 20 pounds.
• Operates various office and medical equipment including personal computers.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• May be exposed to communicable disease and body fluids, sharps and chemicals.
• May be required to deal with hostile patients and/or families.
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Recognition as an APRN by the Hawaii State Board of Nursing.
• Current BLS certification.
• Depending of area of assignment, additional certification(s) may be required.
• Credentialing and privileging required if providing medical level of care.
• Prescriptive authority for non-controlled and controlled substances depending upon area of assignment.
• Two (2) years nursing experience or successful completion of an APRN Fellowship Program.
• One (1) year of clinical experience working as an APRN preferred.
APRN Scope of Service
· Additional Requirements for Experienced RN:
· EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
· Must have one of the following Board Certifications: PMHNP or PMHCNS
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Tagged as: United States
Description Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and...Apply For This Job
We are more than a health system. We are a belief system. We believe wellness and sickness are both part...Apply For This Job
Overview: Join Care Medical’s special clinical launch team as we introduce in person care in your area! Partnering with Amazon,...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Novice 1 RN, Telemetry, FT, Nights, 0.9 FTEKendall Regional Medical CenterMiami, FL Facility Description:...Apply For This Job
Description Job Schedule: Full TimeStandard Hours: 40Job Shift: Shift 1Shift Details: Work where every moment matters. Every day, over 30,000...Apply For This Job
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the...Apply For This Job