Preschool Teacher Job Description:
Scottsdale Academy is a child development center for children Infants through VPK/5 years old. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday, open year-round, and closed only for major holidays.
We are looking for a qualified Preschool Teacher to prepare young children for the future. Important social, emotional and academic skills are to be taught that they will utilize throughout their academic career.
A preschool teacher must have great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods, as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention.
The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the children so they can more easily acclimate to the next level of education.
· Develop creative and engaging lesson plans suitable for preschool children.
· Track children’s progress using the appropriate assessment provided by the school.
· Guide children to develop their academic, artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum.
· Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, sensorial, media, etc.) to teach child.
· Build an engaging, fun, learning environment that promotes literacy and early education in a classroom setting.
· Execute daily classroom schedule to include teacher-directed learning, child-directed experiences, quality outdoor time, age-appropriate proper hygiene, laying out of lunches, snack distribution, rest opportunities, as well as other elements that may not be listed here.
· Create and encourage child interactions with peers and adults to foster children’s social competencies, including self-esteem and confidence.
· Communicate with parents appropriately and effectively regarding students’ growth and progress.
· Understand all school emergency procedures and protocol.
· Maintain a clean and safe classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
· Supervise children at all times.
· Professional experience working with young children
· Knowledgeable in child development
· Excellent communication and instructional skills
· Patient, friendly and reliable
· DCF 45 hours (preferred)
· Credentialed with a Child Development Associate (CDA), or Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood field of study (preferred)
· Level II Background Screening will be conducted through Florida’s Background Screening Clearinghouse
If you have resided outside the state of Florida within the past five years, those state background checks will also be required. The preceding is at the employee’s expense and can be taken out of the first paycheck if requested.
Preference will be given to applicants with the special training in Early Childhood Education or the equivalent.
Tagged as: United States
Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their...Apply For This Job
Job Purpose:Nurtures children by developing and providing educational programs; keeping parents informed. Duties:* Stimulates emotional, intellectual, and social growth of...Apply For This Job
Description: KinderCare Education is the nation’s leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create...Apply For This Job
SUMMARY As a Teacher Aide, your care and interaction with the children helps the teacher to maintain a positive environment...Apply For This Job
Description Position: Middle School Special Education Teacher (IMMEDIATE OPENING) Location: Boston, MA Start date: ASAP ABOUT THE MATCH CHARTER PUBLIC...Apply For This Job
The mission of ILTexas is to prepare students for exceptional leadership roles in the international community by emphasizing servant leadership,...Apply For This Job