Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse PT you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David’s Medical Center!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Outpatient Services, you will be responsible for the admission, preoperative assessment and preparation of patients admitted on the day of the scheduled surgical procedure.. You will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients, and will be responsible for post-operative care and discharge of outpatients.
* You will assess, plan, and evaluate pre-op and post-op patient care
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medications needed for patient care
* You will prepare and monitor patients for surgeries and procedures
* You will administer medication and IV therapy
* You will receive and initiate physician orders
* You will provide pre-op and post-op patient teaching and emotional support
* You will ensure all patients have met discharge criteria
* You will complete patient follow-up calls post-procedure to evaluate patient care
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
* 1 year of experience in an ambulatory care or critical care setting – preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) certification – preferred
* Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) certification – preferred
* Certification in ambulatory care – preferred
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse PT opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tagged as: United States
General Medical Oncologist/Hematologist Hartford HealthCare, the largest integrated healthcare delivery system in Connecticut, seeks a BC/BE medical oncologists/hematologists to join a...Apply For This Job
Description Payment Integrity Nurse Remote but must reside only in ID, OR, UT, WA At Cambia, our members need us...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Are you looking for a work environment as a Cardiac Telemetry Registered Nurse where...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time **$5,000 Sign On Bonus Paid out on First paycheck** Must have 1+ year of...Apply For This Job
OrthoArizona Surgery Center Gilbert is hiring for a full time Medical Records position. Job Summary: Maintains and reviews the...Apply For This Job
Job Category: Collections & OperationsRequisition Number: HEALT001700 Full-Time Cartersville, GA 30120, USA Job Details Description COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Starting at...Apply For This Job