Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David’s Medical Center!
As a Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patient’s response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
* You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patient’s needs and goals
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related area as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting – preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Course – Required within 1 year of hire
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tagged as: United States
Description This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000! Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Medical Assistant PRN you want with your current employer?...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity....Apply For This Job
Patient Access Representative Location: Atlanta, GA Start Date: ASAP Background/Requirements: 2+ years of experience in a healthcare setting (hospital, clinic,...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Weekends OnlySCHEDULE: Part-time Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to...Apply For This Job
Job Description & RequirementsRegistered Nurse – Home Health – (HH RN)StartDate: 03/07/2022Available Shifts: 8 D Pay Rate: $2032.14 – 2239.50...Apply For This Job